Thread: 2 x CCWR254 for a center?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

2 x CCWR254 for a center?

I have been toying with the idea of adding a center channel to my setup (where the disconnected factory center is) and i have a set of Morel CCWR254 sitting on the shelf (tried to give them away a few times but no one wanted them). So now i wondering if these would work as a center channel? I am not sure if these would be a good option vs 3" & Tweeter or another combination of speakers

here is the space i have to work with, the factory bose is a 4"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Center.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	11689
    All suggestions welcomed

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Re: 2 x CCWR254 for a center?

Heya, Curt!

Again, it was great meeting you this past weekend. Thank you again for letting us use your parking garage at work to meet after breakfast. Turned out to be a perfect spot to demo.

From what I've been told, timbre matching your center to the left and right speakers is important. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I know I was told this by a few folks over the years. As you know, I'm currently running without my center-channel hooked up, but do have one in there for when I do decide to upgrade to a DSP capable of upmixing correctly (IF I decide to. I'm pretty happy with my center-imaging at the moment).

I think it was Justin who told me that I would want to run the same amount of power through the center as I am to the left and right dash speakers.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Re: 2 x CCWR254 for a center?

Quote Originally Posted by cueball981 View Post
    I'm currently running without my center-channel hooked up, but do have one in there for when I do decide to upgrade to a DSP capable of upmixing correctly (IF I decide to. I'm pretty happy with my center-imaging at the moment).
    I was supper impressed with your imaging (well to be honest, truly envious )

Quote Originally Posted by cueball981 View Post
    I think it was Justin who told me that I would want to run the same amount of power through the center as I am to the left and right dash speakers.
    That makes things easier then as i'm only running 150x2 to the tweeters, 150x2 to the Midranges and 220x2 to the mid-bass drivers.