I thought I would share a few pics of the USB HEC card I recently installed into my DSP.3. The process is dead easy - and took no more then 10 minutes. German engineering at its finest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HEC 2.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	10702
Yes, I know it says dsp.2 but I was assured by MSC that it was also compatible for my .3.

Name:	HEC 3.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	10703
This is the entire package. A new face plate incorporating the added input, the HEC itself, a hex-key and a single hex screw.

Name:	HEC 4.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	10704
Some DSP's unbolt the bottom plate, others the side plate (like mine). 4 phillips heads and a hex screw released the old face plate and allowed me to remove the bottom plate. FYI: I only needed to remove the one side, not both.

Name:	HEC 6.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	10705
Slide the bottom all the way out, gently, and voila.

Name:	HEC 7.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	10706 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HEC 8.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	10707 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HEC 9.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	10708
Simply take the HEC and plug it into the DSP board. Ensure that it is plugged all the way in. You don't need to crush it down but there is a little resistance to ensure a tight fit. As far as I can tell, it will only fit one way, so its a pretty obvious and easy to install properly.

Name:	HEC 10.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	10709
Slide the bottom plate back into place. This will also let you know if the HEC has been plugged in all the way. As the lid will not slide back on without the needed clearance.

Name:	HEC 11.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	10710 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HEC 12.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	10711
Attach the new side plate that came with your HEC card and you are in business. This really is a very easy little upgrade and now I can plug my phone or tablet or fiio or whatever directly into my DSP and help maximize the SQ in my vehicle.

Thanks for checking this out and hopefully it helps.