Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What would you buy from Harbor Freight?

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: What would you buy from Harbor Freight?

These Daytona jacks outlasted my crapsman

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...gaApaxEALw_wcB

I've had good luck with this despite the bad reviews. I have had the tensioning screw come out of alignment but just push it back in place and keep trucking. I mean that's exactly what I expect from a HF tool.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1584535185976

We used this too pull an engine and rebuild 3 times now. Every time we checked it with my known high quality one it was spot on.

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-t...ter-63917.html
    Last edited by Theslaking; 03-19-2020 at 07:29 AM.

2. Back To Top    #42

I bought 3 General 2 tool carts to organize my basement and garage, plus a LynXX cordess chainsaw and lots of small things. Love HF, but wish the coupons would not exclude LynXX and General.
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

3. Back To Top    #43

Warrior Security Bit Set with Case, 100 Pc.

This is about all I go there for. Almost every small bit you'll ever need in here. Just don't use them in power tools thinking they're good tool steel - they're not. Otherwise worth its weight in gold. And cheap enough to stick a few away places you might need them one day.

4. Back To Top    #44

The new Icon tool line is very nice. Blatant copy of Snap-On, but still good stuff from what I can see. The stuff i looked at was not made in China either, but Taiwan.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

After HF donated all their masks and nitrile gloves to local hospitals, they'll definitely be getting more of my business.

Over the years, I have bought these and would recommend:

Hydraulic crimper- the first one I bought had a bad seal, but the second has been rock solid
    Lift table- this was a PITA to fill with hydraulic fluid, getting the fill plug back in is next to impossible. Once I got it working right, it makes getting heavy stuff in and out of my truck a breeze.

6. Back To Top    #46

I have a lot of their stuff. Hand tools are solid. Daytona and alinum Jacks too. Some of their more premium stuff is nice too, I got the midgrade (not the icon, but the one below that) ratchet and love it.

Their new icon stuff seems really nice.... But it's spend. I don't goto harbor freight for spend, even if it is cheaper than a tool truck brand.