Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

I would assume 8 shop hours. Most shops are going to be $80-110/hr.
    But you should have a solid plan in mind before you approach them, and have everything cleared out so they can see exactly what you need.

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    But you should have a solid plan in mind before you approach them, and have everything cleared out so they can see exactly what you need.
    Thanks, that sounds reasonable.... I wont clutter up this thread with my car specific details, so will post a new topic soon! Thanks for the reply, and to the OP for the detailed thread. Maybe one day I can demo this before I actually attempt to do this.

3. Back To Top    #43

Quote Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
    Older thread, but this is the first time I noticed this build and watched these videos! Man, I think I "need" this setup for my car now, LOL.

Any rough idea what a shop would charge to cut and modify a typical car like this for mounting this SUB? I know every car is much different. I am sure its lots more than the sub itself but wanted to get an idea.
    I've forgotten about this thread until I was reminded on DIYMA about it.

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    8 hrs?

There's weeks of fabrication and welding in the back of that car to get the sub in the way I did it.

You could do like I've seen Peter (PS Sound) do and just cut a hole and bolt a baffle in place. That'd take about a day, but that's just not my style.

I started a build thread in DIYMA. I'll update here later tonight for those that no longer go to DIYMA.

This car will be at SVR next month so for those that are going, you'll be able to see/demo/tell me how much it sucks there.
    Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 06-23-2021 at 02:45 PM.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Good to see you back. I liked to have never figured out that was you, since you changed your name over there

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Good to see you back. I liked to have never figured out that was you, since you changed your name over there
    I'm not creative with usernames. Years ago, (99 or so) when I lived in Augusta, GA, I went by JasonInAugusta. Everyone called me JIA.

When I finally signed up for DIYMA I was living in Hawaii so it was JI808.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

took me a few seconds to figure out why 808...

7. Back To Top    #47

Quote Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
    I've forgotten about this thread until I was reminded on DIYMA about it.

8 hrs?

There's weeks of fabrication and welding in the back of that car to get the sub in the way I did it.

You could do like I've seen Peter (PS Sound) do and just cut a hole and bolt a baffle in place. That'd take about a day, but that's just not my style.

I started a build thread in DIYMA. I'll update here later tonight for those that no longer go to DIYMA.

This car will be at SVR next month so for those that are going, you'll be able to see/demo/tell me how much it sucks there.
    Hardly apples to apples comparing a small midbass install with a 24” subwoofer… if your gonna imply someone does a shit job please compare his dual 18” manifold and metal framed welded in effort to your 24” sub install…

slagging off someone who’s not even on the forum? That’s what you feel the need to do to prove a point? Nice one…

8. Back To Top    #48

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Hardly apples to apples comparing a small midbass install with a 24” subwoofer… if your gonna imply someone does a shit job please compare his dual 18” manifold and metal framed welded in effort to your 24” sub install…

slagging off someone who’s not even on the forum? That’s what you feel the need to do to prove a point? Nice one…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	15919

What are you talking about? Where did I say it was a shit job? Or even imply it in that post? I just stated what was done and that it could be done in an 8hr timeframe.

This is what I'm talking about. A 24" install in a Golf that is on Peter's channel. There's literally a hole cut out of the bottom of the spare tire well, a weather barrier screwed in place, and a steel baffle BOLTED to the car.

It is EXACTLY what I said. It's not a small midbass.

It is apples to apples, 24 to 24.

So...like I said, I could cut a hole, bolt a baffle in place, and have it playing in 8 hours if I did what's shown in Peters video.

What I'm doing takes much longer.

9. Back To Top    #49

Quote Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jump.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	15919

What are you talking about? Where did I say it was a shit job? Or even imply it in that post? I just stated what was done and that it could be done in an 8hr timeframe.

This is what I'm talking about. A 24" install in a Golf that is on Peter's channel. There's literally a hole cut out of the bottom of the spare tire well, a weather barrier screwed in place, and a steel baffle BOLTED to the car.

It is EXACTLY what I said. It's not a small midbass.

It is apples to apples, 24 to 24.

So...like I said, I could cut a hole, bolt a baffle in place, and have it playing in 8 hours if I did what's shown in Peters video.

What I'm doing takes much longer.
    You mean the install that Peter had nothing to do with? He is just a customer with zapco amps… The customer fitted it all himself… now who’s jumping to conclusions…

10. Back To Top    #50

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    You mean the install that Peter had nothing to do with? He is just a customer with zapco amps… The customer fitted it all himself… now who’s jumping to conclusions…

Why are you so combative over something so simple?

First you assumed I'm comparing midbass vs 24 and you put words in my mouth that I said he did a shit job.

When I pointed out what I'm talking about (a build that Peter showed - twice, I think - on his channel) now it's "just a customer" and all of the discussion about your incorrect assumptions and putting words in my mouth is gone.

Again, go back to my original post and read what it says...

I saw that car on Peter's channel. Peter ordered the sub. The install was on Peter's channel where he posts videos of cars he has worked on for himself and customers.

And again, I could do that sub install in a day

Anyway, fact is I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to to someone that made an incorrect estimate as to how long a build like I'm doing (the very topic of this thread) would take.

When someone said 8 hours I laughed at that estimate and said that an install like I've seen Peter (PS Sound) do (I saw it on his channel) could be done in a day.

I don't understand you.

Someone made an incorrect estimate about how long it would take to do the work I'm doing and I pointed out a build Peter showcased and said THAT build could be done in the time that person estimated and, for some reason, that turned into you putting words in my mouth, and acting like I was saying what he showed was shit.

You made incorrect assumptions, you put words in my mouth acting like I was attacking the build on his channel, and then you defended him by giving me shit.

Perhaps next time you could just simply have those conversations in your head and save the rest of us from having to read them.
    Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 06-24-2021 at 09:21 AM.