Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    I was curious what one of these things cost so I went and looked it up and was checking it out. The spec that impressed me the most was it weighs 145 lbs ????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy Crap !

Oh, and it can take 2000 WRMS. Ha !

A Qts of .39 seems a bit low for IB, but I'm kind of thinking once you get to this point it doesn't really matter.
    You looked at the HS-24.

IB-24 has a Q of .70 and weighs 55lbs.

2. Back To Top    #32

Finally got the first video of the build log series up.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

I love seeing updates to this thread. Any estimate on when you think it will be finished?
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #34

Awesome video!!!

5. Back To Top    #35

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    I was curious what one of these things cost so I went and looked it up and was checking it out. The spec that impressed me the most was it weighs 145 lbs ????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Holy Crap !

Oh, and it can take 2000 WRMS. Ha !

A Qts of .39 seems a bit low for IB, but I'm kind of thinking once you get to this point it doesn't really matter.
    I have a pair of the HS-24's for my home, each in it's own bridged Crown XLS 2402. Even just sitting in their shipping crates(no enclosure) they are ridiculous and do things you'd never expect. They sound great and handle movies incredibly well. They make the W15GTi's in my bedroom system seem quaint.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Hey, I recognize that car

Having run a 10" sub in there for years before Nick bought the car, I let out the same laugh at seeing the 24" sitting in there. Was talking to Nick on the phone and telling him how much I love the complete stealth look and how he can have a little fun with demos telling people there is no sub installed.
    Made me chuckle. Also made me think of Erin demoing his car and then asking if he should turn the subs on. lol (Old Civic, a while ago.)

Once things calm down again, I hope to get a demo of this thing at some point.

Jay

7. Back To Top    #37
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

It's still a little odd, even 6 months after selling the Audi, to see pictures of it as someone else car. What will be really odd is when it is complete and I get a demo I think I am just now getting the Volvo to where I am happy with the audio to the same level that I was with the Audi. Which reminds me I need to post a little update to the build log for that.

I hope things calm down soon, while I could only typically get to 2, maybe 3 meets a year, I'm missing hanging out with a lot of the guys I have made friends with over the last few years.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

8. Back To Top    #38
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    It's still a little odd, even 6 months after selling the Audi, to see pictures of it as someone else car. What will be really odd is when it is complete and I get a demo I think I am just now getting the Volvo to where I am happy with the audio to the same level that I was with the Audi. Which reminds me I need to post a little update to the build log for that.

I hope things calm down soon, while I could only typically get to 2, maybe 3 meets a year, I'm missing hanging out with a lot of the guys I have made friends with over the last few years.
    Me too. I see the November NCSQ meet is in VA now, and is about 3 hours closer to me. Depending on how things go, I hope to make it. We'll see if I'm still employed. It's a very near thing right now. I want to strangle a ton of people who run (if that's what you could call it) the company I work for.

I didn't realize the Audi was yours before. I'd seen it when it was yours, but just figured it was another Audi wagon. Never put 2 and 2 together.

Jay

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Well, hopefully you're still employed and can make it in November to the meet in VA. The location is decent, we had a mini meet there earlier in the year with half a dozen of us.

Had the Audi for about 11 years before selling it to Nick, was difficult selling it after having it so long, but great seeing it go to a good home. If you make it down to the NC / VA meet I'll have to make sure to get you a demo in the Volvo
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

10. Back To Top    #40

Older thread, but this is the first time I noticed this build and watched these videos! Man, I think I "need" this setup for my car now, LOL.

Any rough idea what a shop would charge to cut and modify a typical car like this for mounting this SUB? I know every car is much different. I am sure its lots more than the sub itself but wanted to get an idea.