Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: 24" Stealth Build: Stereo Integrity Audi A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Reading the title of the thread I'm thinking "a stealth build with 24" wheels or something?" but no ... it's even more better.
    I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to hear the HS-24 but it is a special driver. I know it is physics and a 70 lb magnet motor can pretty much do whatever it wants with a 1 lb cone but it is still amazing how something so large plays so deep, clean, and accurately.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to hear the HS-24 but it is a special driver. I know it is physics and a 70 lb magnet motor can pretty much do whatever it wants with a 1 lb cone but it is still amazing how something so large plays so deep, clean, and accurately.
    I don't think anyone on this site has any lack of desire for a 24" subwoofer - I know I don't !

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Hey, I recognize that car

Quote Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
    I called Nick told him to look at the pics on Facebook. The initial laugh upon seeing the pictures was awesome and came back around every so often as he scrolled through the pictures. I could hear him smiling the entire call. I wish I had recorded it for the YouTube channel.
    Having run a 10" sub in there for years before Nick bought the car, I let out the same laugh at seeing the 24" sitting in there. Was talking to Nick on the phone and telling him how much I love the complete stealth look and how he can have a little fun with demos telling people there is no sub installed.

So these pics brought about a ton of comments on social media about how there's not enough airspace, there's not enough room between the sub and the bottom of the floor, the motor is going to get damaged, and so on.
    Plenty of room under the floor, IIRC there is at least 2" under the initial wooden floor.

Been following the build on Instagram, can't wait to see it all finished and get a demo.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Jason, you should make a speaker 'grille' out of an old Samsonite suit case

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	257spig57mt31.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	10681

5. Back To Top    #15
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Nick still has the old suitcase enclosure that was in it.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Reading the title of the thread I'm thinking "a stealth build with 24" wheels or something?" but no ... it's even more better.

subscribing....
    It's an interesting build for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    They're definitely not a novelty subs like others that have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post

There will be no grille.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Martyn
    Vehicle
    None now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post

Why not put amps in the suitcases, with ventilation too. Real stealthy, just looks like you are going on holiday.

8. Back To Top    #18

Hydrophobic mesh, stainless, mesh, and some other stuff. The sub will be protected.
    Staying tuned - probably wouldn't ever be practical knowledge for me, here in Buffalo NY with our weather extremes, but always wondered about doing something like this - think it'll end up working more like an aperiodic membrane?

9. Back To Top    #19

going off topic a little here, but having studied AP setups a bit and used them for door woofers, I've often contemplated where the line is crossed between AP and IB. The first thing I think of is that an IB woofer should be somewhere in the .7 qts range whereas an AP driver is better suited for < .45 based on my research. But one thing that is very difficult about measuring/comparing AP is the relative size of the "port", and the density of the stuffing within. All of this makes it very difficult to model or compare. Say you have a sealed box and drill a tiny hole in it - that is one type of AP. As the hole gets bigger at some point it will just be "IB". The other interesting aspect is that AP reduces your Q peak but the anectdotal way of understanding that is that it does so by suppressing the low end output overall. Yet we know with IB, low end extension is very good as there is no air spring resistance on the driver. All of which leaves me a little confused about what is happening on the "boundary" of AP and IB !!

Anyway sorry for the digression, none of which is applicable here, as I think its clear the OP is building only a water resistant membrane not any kind of resistant port.

10. Back To Top    #20

Preston, this what's going in:

https://stereointegrity.com/product/ib-24-24-subwoofer/

Re: 5.8 ohms
    Fs: 28.4 Hz
    Qes: 0.81
    Qms: 5.14
    Qts: 0.70
    Le: 5.0 mH
    Sd: 207781.73 mm^2
    Vas: 328 L