Thread: Proud Dad of High School Senior

1. Back To Top    #1

Proud Dad of High School Senior

I wanted to make a thread just to say how proud I am of my son who is graduating High School (virtual graduation May 28th). (My daughter will be a Sophomore next year in High School and is also doing excellent at school and I am also very proud of her).

My son will finish ranked 3rd out of 473 in his class (#1 until this last semester when he took an elective that wasn't honors) with an unweighted GPA of 4.0 and weighted GPA of 4.9455 & 40 hours of College Credit already completed.

He is a really nice, caring kid as well as obviously a perfectionist and obsessively hard worker. He worked his ass off over the summer to improve his gold game enough to make varsity (just started playing 3 years ago) only to have the season canceled. He will miss out on all the honors and scholarship ceremonies for the scholarships he received and graduation itself and has never let it even for a second get him down. He works and pays for his own car (paid it off this month) and his golf obsession.

He will be attending the University of Nebraska this fall and majoring in Actuarial Science (Nebraska is one of the highest ranking Universities in this field). In the last 2 weeks he has been awarded several scholarships (total in excess of $10K) and I couldn't be more proud of him. His self drive should make him successful at life. I love him and he has been an absolute joy to parent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 4.00.28 PM.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	628.7 KB 
ID:	10596

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Proud Dad of High School Senior

Congratulations, Jerry! I'm sure he'll continue to make you proud.

3. Back To Top    #3

Congratulations on your son & daughters excellent goal achievement !
    What is best part of his golf ? Short game(irons), driving or putting ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like a great kid, with great parents!!
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mlekk View Post
    Congratulations on your son & daughters excellent goal achievement !
    What is best part of his golf ? Short game(irons), driving or putting ?
    Irons. Then Putting. If his Irons are right he will then pull out the driver.

6. Back To Top    #6

Congratulations to your son and daughter!
    This is not just an achievement for them but to you as well.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Kris
    Vehicle
    2005 BMW Z4

Congratulations. This must be one of the best feelings in the world. I'm looking forward to becoming a father in 2021.
    2005 BMW Z4
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS, NVX JAD 800.4 Amplifier
    Focal R165S2 6.5" Woofers, Powerbass 2XL-60.3C 2.75" Dome Midrange's, Seas 27TFFNC/G 1" Tweeters (Random drivers I scooped up affordably over time, all mounted in factory locations)
    Skar Audio EVL-65 6.5" Subwoofers (In factory subwoofer compartments behind the seats, surprisingly slams, for what they are - Running subwoofers in trunk are practically inaudible in this vehicle)