Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D SLA Printing

1. Back To Top    #1

3D SLA Printing

I have 4 sunroof slides I need made. They are 2 1/2 x 3/4 x 3/8. So small. I can't continue my audio build until I can put the headliner back in. I had them made already but the the guy told me they weren't going to be strong enough and they weren't he told me to go to a couple places like 3D hubs that could print SLA with high temp resin. Both places had minimum orders.

I have the file I can send just need printing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3D SLA Printing

If it doesn't need to flex, can always print in metal on the shapeways website.

3. Back To Top    #3

It needs to.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's the printed one.

5. Back To Top    #5

Normally I use Versatile Plastic (non-structural parts) or Steel for structural items.
    https://www.shapeways.com/materials?
    But scroll down the page to the Industrial Strength section. I'm thinking one of the two MJF PA12 may work for you but I have not tried it (no idea).
    Is there a way to buy these parts from the dealer or online? This way we'll have the same exact material since it's the original. (Costs less than having it printed too. Printing is usually for unique or out-of-production situations.)

6. Back To Top    #6

Nope. It originally came as the whole sunroof assembly. I don't want to grab them from a junkyard because those will be 20 year old plastic as well.

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh well... maybe have to keep looking for the SLA type or try the MJF PA12.

8. Back To Top    #8

I tried Shapeways and they are $120 for 4 pieces. So it seems for SLA it just cost a lot. I'm trying nylon. Maybe it works but it we only $38.

9. Back To Top    #9

Came in the mail today. Looks good. Nice and flexible. Those arched fingers are what hold tension so the have to flex. The first ones I had printed snapped off as so as I pressed. These seem good.

10. Back To Top    #10

What’s the difference? Did you pay for the SLA and it is just a better material for your purposes?