Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10???

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Re: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10??

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    I was planning out my box build from MTI acoustics and was going to go with dual 12" TW3's but then got a killer deal on a pair of MKV's and with the rest of my stereo being SI, I had to try these subs. Also with all of their reviews, I couldn't pass it up.

Overall, I think the MKV's are amazing and out do the TW3's by a small margin, but I also think the TW3's are right up there with them. I have always wondered how the Illusion Carbon series would sound, Skizer seems to like them. Maybe in the best iteration I will try some of those.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9188.JPG 
Views:	699 
Size:	610.1 KB 
ID:	10574

I can tell you first hand that the Illusion audio sub's are phenomenal. Just real freaking expensive. Critical Mass is the same thing re-labeled and a different color.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Re: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10??

So, Jdunk got me thinking. And that's rarely a good thing . What if I could fit a 12"?

Name:	IMG_20200501_170113.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	10575

Name:	IMG_20200501_170325.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	10576

Nope, too many collisions creating interference points mounted horizontally. Drats!

But, what if I mounted it vertically like the factory sub? The box just fits in the factory location.

Name:	IMG_20200501_170557.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	10577

Drats! Stumped again. The diameter of the sub alone is larger than the enclosure that would fit in this area. I would need an additional 1.0" to 1.5" to account for the box.

The only way I am going to fit anything larger in here is if I raise the entire cargo area floor up by 2" to fit a set of 12"s

Name:	IMG_20200414_124948b.png 
Views:	657 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	10578

I know this would be a non-issue if I were to just take out the spare tire. But, I've never been one to take that risk. I've had my share of flat tires and can't stand waiting hours for a tow truck. For now I'm going to try a single 10" to see if that satisfies me. I placed my order for the 10TW3-D4 today. Should have it by Monday. Let's see how that goes. I have some supplies to buy over the weekend.

Ge0

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Because he wanted the enclosure that he ended up going with. It's PRETTY!!!

...and he's running other SI drivers in his setup. Love your truck, JD!

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by cueball981 View Post
    Because he wanted the enclosure that he ended up going with. It's PRETTY!!!

...and he's running other SI drivers in his setup. Love your truck, JD!
    Do you have a link to it so I don't have to go searching so hard?

Ge0

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #26
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Omitted pics to save space

Damn. That enclosure looks like it was supplied by Dodge themselves. Great attention to detail. The stitching. The metal trim. Fantasic.

Ge0
    Last edited by Ge0; 05-01-2020 at 10:00 PM.

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    BINGO!!!

I don't intend on fiber-glassing the bottom side. I'm going to see how this works without. There is actually a lot more air space than it appears. There is a second sub-floor under the sub-floor (think of where the amp is mounted) that houses the vehicles battery.

I'm not a bass head for the most part. I do like to get a little rowdy at times (who doesn't). I just want to fill in the low at a nice comfortable sound level and feel a little rumble in my tummy. I don't think I would need to go the PR route. Speaking of which, I haven't used one of those in over 20 years. May be worth dicking with. I've seen a few sources at a reasonable cost.

Ge0
    If you have the air space that's sufficient that's good - gives you choices. Looks like a tiny space from above.

Bear in mind those PRs I linked are only $50, would add about 6dB to either let you crank it or let your amp run easier depending on your mood, and makes the absolute smallest space become oddly ideal.
    The Comp RT shallows I'm sure you could pick up for under $200 shipped each, I'd think the same on the Sundown. So $250-ish all in for that. I feel like you'd get your extra $50 worth but that's just me...

Another option at the same price point [but even still I might worry you'd be squeezed for space... the enemy of excursion in a sealed box] - the Dayton Ultimax 8s seem ludicrous. 16mm Xmax, no joke. And a low Fs and a motor optimized for sealed. Even has a copper shorting ring on the pole for linearity. Might be a better SQ option that doesn't give up any displacement - but I'm talking about a pair... 2 long-throw eights would out-displace a single ten, and probably sound better and get as low in this case.
    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-coil--295-508

Those you really should model to see if you have the space... Same with your pick of sealed 10.

I feel like I'd still lean toward the PRs as the "screw it - the smaller the better!" option. In case either of those options sealed is too squeezed.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #28
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    If you have the air space that's sufficient that's good - gives you choices. Looks like a tiny space from above.

Bear in mind those PRs I linked are only $50, would add about 6dB to either let you crank it or let your amp run easier depending on your mood, and makes the absolute smallest space become oddly ideal.
    The Comp RT shallows I'm sure you could pick up for under $200 shipped each, I'd think the same on the Sundown. So $250-ish all in for that. I feel like you'd get your extra $50 worth but that's just me...

Another option at the same price point [but even still I might worry you'd be squeezed for space... the enemy of excursion in a sealed box] - the Dayton Ultimax 8s seem ludicrous. 16mm Xmax, no joke. And a low Fs and a motor optimized for sealed. Even has a copper shorting ring on the pole for linearity. Might be a better SQ option that doesn't give up any displacement - but I'm talking about a pair... 2 long-throw eights would out-displace a single ten, and probably sound better and get as low in this case.
    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-coil--295-508

Those you really should model to see if you have the space... Same with your pick of sealed 10.

I feel like I'd still lean toward the PRs as the "screw it - the smaller the better!" option. In case either of those options sealed is too squeezed.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    That Dayton is Nucking Futz!!!

Did I mention measured space. I could fit three of those 8" drivers .

Seriously thought. I do need to estimate my air volume a little better. I'll throw up some more pics tomorrow to show you. You have me interested in the PR.

Ge0

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    Damn. That enclosure looks like it was supplied by Dodge themselves. Great attention to detail. The stitching. The metal trim. Fantasic.

Ge0
    Ya, MTI acoustics out of college station does some pretty amazing work. And these boxes are fairly cheap in comparison to other options for their quality.

Also, I have a Ford f150 limited...dodge is for suckers **Cough Cough** Cueball ***Cough Cough**
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Ya, MTI acoustics out of college station does some pretty amazing work. And these boxes are fairly cheap in comparison to other options for their quality.

Also, I have a Ford f150 limited...dodge is for suckers **Cough Cough** Cueball ***Cough Cough**
    Oh for fug sakes. Sorry about the brain fart. I blame it on the aftermarket wheels in the background...

Seriously, I was responding to a post from user DAVIDRAM right before posting this. My wires got crossed. That, and maybe a little bit of weed

I should have known those seats. I supply motors for them...

Ge0