Thread: Another newbie from Germany

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Another newbie from Germany

Dear all,

after quite some time lurking in this forum i decided to give it a go and register.
    Basically coming over here after i read that lots of members i read articles in dyma from were more active here for some time now.

Am in the process of tuning my own system, but keeping the installers setup as backup, just in case i really mess things up, which i do often.

Thanks for reading

Peter
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: Another newbie from Germany

Welcome to the forum.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #3

Grüß dich, Peter, und herzlich willkommen
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Willkommen Peter!!!

Folks are happy to answer your questions here as long as you make an honest attempt to read and figure out for yourself. There is a wealth of information at your finger tips. Please learn what you can and contribute what you can.

I find it ironic. My car is built in your home town. Your car is built in my home town. Go figure. Up until now I thought my boss was the only guy crazy enough to import a mustang into Germany. Now there is two!

Guten Tag,

Ge0
    Last edited by Ge0; 04-24-2020 at 09:55 AM.

5. Back To Top    #5

Peter, Leipzig has a special place in my heart, because that is where my first girlfriend was from!! I was living in Heidelberg at the time, so it was quite a commute, but she was worth it!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Peter, Leipzig has a special place in my heart, because that is where my first girlfriend was from!! I was living in Heidelberg at the time, so it was quite a commute, but she was worth it!
    Were you stationed in Heidelberg? I used to do business with a small print press company there . Now I'm a Bosch.

Ge0

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    Were you stationed in Heidelberg? I used to do business with a small print press company there . Now I'm a Bosch.

Ge0
    No, civilian. I grew up there... It's style my favorite city in the world. Heidelberg, that it is...

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Danke and thank you.

Well, i was born in Aachen, which is quite the opposite direction to the west. In fact it's Germanies most western city with more than 200.000 people.
    My wife was born and raised in Leipzig, that's why we're living here now.
    Right now i'm in my 10th iteration of setting up the DSP and still learning new things everytime i get back into the car.
    At first i only did some EQ work, then after 2 or three iterations i moved on to level matching channels and then sides to each other, right now i'm experimenting with measuring step responses, impulses and stuff like that and getting tape measures right when you only have two hands and have to sit in the car.
    But it's getting better every time i get back into the car.

Best regards,

Peter
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Under normal circumstances I visit Germany a few times a year on business. Mostly towards the south in the Black Forest region. Stuttgart, Reutlingen, Buhl, and occasionally Munich. I recently flew my wife over after a business trip and spent our 20th anniversary in Berlin. I remember passing Leipzig on the A9 but did not have time to stop and tour the region. Well, that's enough about me.

Tell us a little about your measurement setup and methods. What is your system configuration? I see you have a few amp channels...

Ge0

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Well, i do the moving mic for frequency responses. Unfortunately i don't have the equipment to do reproducable sweeps and so i only do them for doing impulse measurements with the tip of the mic where the middle of my head is (at least approximately). Microphone used is an UMIK-1 with calibration files. I only use the 90° calibration though.
    Software is REW running on MacOS Catalina.
    Housecurves are made with Jazzis Spreadsheet.
    I tried several different housecurves so far, the JBL, Whiteledge and half of whitledge and in the meantime i made my own derivation of a combination of whitledge and half of whitledge.
    A bit more bass than with half of whitledge and a bit less treble as you sit so damn near the tweeters in the Mustang GT.
    I EQ each channel, but as the Mosconi D2 100.4 DSP has no real independant channel EQ, but rather EQ bands that are shared between channel pairs i tried different approaches for EQing especially the Midbass drivers.
    Right now i'm doing some kind of graphic EQ for the midbass drivers with a Q of 2.515 (default in the Mosconi is 4) with 2-3 bands of the leftover bands as parametric where needed.

This is my current iteration for a house curve and left/right measurement within my Mustang with the equipment in my signature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200424.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	10374

I know it could be better, but i'm still learning new things almost everytime i get back into my car. According to my wife that is too often, so it angers her a bit.

Current tuning is:

Subwoofer: Lowpass at 80Hz with a LR 24db electrical crossover
    Midbass: highpass 80Hz LR 24db, Lowpass 2500 Hz Butterworth 12db
    Tweeters: highpass 2500 Hz LR 24db.
    Last edited by Cathul; 04-24-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC