Thread: ResoNix Updates Thread

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Nick

ResoNix Updates Thread

Figured i'd make one thread here to keep track of all updates related to ResoNix..

4/21/2020 - aprox. 1 year from inidial CLD order.

Just posted this somewhere else and figured I'd post it here as well. Our FD2 & FD1 foams are being discontinued and consolidated into one new model. FD2 hardly sells due to its thickness and I don't have room to store it anymore, and whenever I use FD1 I have always wished that it was just a hair thicker... that brings us to our soon to be available foam, which will be 6.5mm thick instead of 5 or 10mm thick. Same foam, same adhesive, just a different thickness. We also have a new door kit available and will soon be posting 2 full vehicle kits which will be the best value for the product received.

www.resonixsoundsolutions.com

And here is another response that i posted elsewhere today..

Hey guys, owner/operator/chief janitor of ResoNix here. Thanks for the recommendations. Im not surprised all of your search results bring up SDS. They were awesome back when they were around. That said, ResoNix is the direct result of them closing. We used SDS at my shop, and tried some other brands after (knu, dynamat extreme, soundskins, etc..) and were not happy with the performance differences. This is what made me start ResoNix. I originally tried to buy SDS as a whole from the owner, but didnt have any luck. So i set out to create a product that not only bested everything else, but also bested SDS. We are actually at a year ago to the week that i made my initial order with our manufacturer. A year later and we have had only good luck with the product. My initial plan was to just use it to supply the shop with good product, but the order minimums were too high to do that, so thats where the idea of selling it online came from. From there, i didnt think i would want it to really grow since i wanted to focus on the shop and didnt think i could handle the two. Truth is, i could hardly handle the 2 as it is lol. So just this week i hired my younger brother to handle shipping so things can go out same day, and hired a friends digital marketing agency to handle upgrades to the website as well as market it to all industries its applicable to. I went from not wanting to sell it at all, to wanting to take over in a year lol. Some changes that will roll out shortly is BOTH CURRENT models of our FD closed cell foams are being discontinued. FD1 is 5mm, and FD2 is 10mm. We are consolidating both to a new model that will be 6.5mm (quarter inch) thick. I am also considering getting rid of the rectangles, as they are just an average product and our Squares are what sets us apart. Then again, it is nice to have something to cater to everyone. But then agaiiiinnnn... our squares will still yield better results per dollar spent.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ResoNix Updates Thread

I am going to be replacing my door midbass drivers soon. I have quite a bit of product installed already, but no butyl rope and no FD1. So i am not really thinking the "door kit" would be my best bet here. Should i order some FD1 and Butyl rope now, or is the updated closed cell foam worth waiting for?
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    I am going to be replacing my door midbass drivers soon. I have quite a bit of product installed already, but no butyl rope and no FD1. So i am not really thinking the "door kit" would be my best bet here. Should i order some FD1 and Butyl rope now, or is the updated closed cell foam worth waiting for?
    1.5mm difference. Tbh, probably not much of a difference. The 6.5mm won't ship until the fd1 is gone

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Nick

Wow, its been just about 1 year since we started shipping our CLD Squares and FD1/FD2. The feedback we have gotten regarding our products has been nothing but great. This past year was a great "trial" before we took this more seriously. In the next year we hope to refine our product offerings tailored to what we as hobbyists/installers need to achieve the best results, period. We also hope to expand the business by having a dedicated shipping team so orders don't go out only once a week. That said, this Covid situation has actually caused a surge in sales (im guessing since everyone is home with time to kill), and we managed to run out of our ResoNix CLD Squares, FD1, and Velcro. Our CLD Squares should be in stock in 4 weeks. Our FD1 as we know it is actually completely discontinued and is being replaced by an even better option, which will be known as ResoNix CCF Decoupler 65. It is the SAME foam as our FD1, except it is 6.5mm thick instead of 5mm thick. Yes, that small difference has actually made a noticeable difference in performance. And we are unsure of velcro, but it'll most likely be in stock within a week or two. That said, we may be discontinuing the ResoNix Rectangles, but are not positive yet. Those are almost out of stock.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Nick

ResoNix Update!

So, long story short, we have been out of our CLD Squares for a while, were out of FD1 for a bit, as well as velcro. As of early next week, everything is going to be in stock and shipping. All standing orders will be shipped first. So, quick updates...

. ResoNix Rectangles have been discontinued. Frankly, the Squares are better per dollar spent. Zero point in stocking both and selling both if one is better in every way per dollar spent

. ResoNix FD1 (5mm thick CCF with adhesive backing) has been replaced by ResoNix CCF Decoupler 7. This is the SAME product, just with a total thickness of 7mm. Price is still the same

. ResoNix Squares Full Box is now a pack that consists of 30 Squares instead of 40. This is due to a packaging change since i requested the boxes to be a bit different for storage purposes.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

I was so happy to find this. Last install (2014 Z/28) I used SDS Camaro kit which was CLD/CCF/MLV and now that Don retired and I'm doing my 2021 Camaro, I wasn't sure where to buy these things from a trusted vendor in a trusted quality. (I know you don't sell MLV)
    I'll be ordering soon (car hasn't arrived yet)
    Maybe if you have a chance, you can build some suggested kits for the 6th gen Camaro.
    Also, on the site it doesn't explain what the different stages are (or maybe I missed it...)