Thread: Possibly highest IQ

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Re: Possibly highest IQ

Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    Helmet = less damage in case of accident = fewer medical costs. And we all pay for others' medical costs, one way or another. Is that enough a reason?

I can't believe we're actually debating the use of a helmet. I suppose some of you don't wear seatbelts when driving your cars either?
    This is a valid argument which I cant contest. But it wouldnt be valid if we didnt live in this over insured, sue happy society thats full of litigation, red tape, and a resounding need for instant gratification from everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #32

In other words, you're describing another universe. Alas, we have to make do with what we have.

I hear ya on the liberty thing, although I think it's fair to say there are other repressed liberties far more important than this, and yet we tend to forget about them.

We live in a false world altogether.
    Nick

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

I completely agree.

I may be talking about another universe, but its important that we dont lose the vision of the society we wish to have.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I agree with him about the "repository of garbage" view, I know multiple people who are good at trivia but don't know how to balance their checkbook. Likewise, I work with a guy in our chemical lab who is not only brilliant in chemistry, but could also teach string theory...but this same guy can't remember where he parked his car.

The only reason that Tim got into this argument is because the guy believes in God. If that topic hadn't have come up, there would have been no argument.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Werd!

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Tracy Morgan says: If we descended from monkey's, how come they're still around ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    Helmet = less damage in case of accident = fewer medical costs. And we all pay for others' medical costs, one way or another. Is that enough a reason?
    EXACTLY.

edit: Stu, say we live in a place (let's just pretend it's in another galaxy for neutrality purposes) in which you're allowed to be uninsured and are not penalized for being uninsured, but the insured pay for the uninsured because no one is refused emergency medical care if they want it. If they don't want it, they can refuse care. Say that you do not have insurance (which seems to be what you would choose) and not much money. You get into a space-bike accident. You're lying in the road with your legs broke and head trauma. However, the head trauma is not so severe that you can't make a decision about whether you will accept care or not. So the ambulance comes. What do you tell them?

"Please help me."

or

"No, I can't pay my medical bills and I don't want other people paying for my medical bills, let me die."

We have chosen-as a society-to not let the sick or hurt go without care and not let the hungry starve, as best we can. This is what we have to live with, and if you seriously have a problem with this, then there are places you can move to which do not offer such excessive luxuries as healthcare.
    Last edited by TIMMAY!!!; 12-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post

The only reason that Tim got into this argument is because the guy believes in God. If that topic hadn't have come up, there would have been no argument.
    Not true. Actually, the fact that he believes in God is a very minor part. How he goes about defending his belief in God is a bigger part, but still only a part. There is a hell of a lot more that suggests that he is not, in fact, the smartest guy in the world. Not by a long shot.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Tracy Morgan says: If we descended from monkey's, how come they're still around ?
    Yea that's a funny joke.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

That's actually Kat Williams and he isnt funny.