Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get a little thump that’s all

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to get a little thump that’s all

Hey folks hope you can help me out. I have a 2016 smart car. Previous owner installed new door speakers that sound nice. It had only those speakers. I installed two 4” scoche speakers in the rear. They helped alot. As far as I can tell the factory stereo only has a left and right output, so I tapped the tears into those. Sound nice. Now I am trying to install a 8” boss cxx8 600 watt subwoofer and a Cardual 600 watt 2 channel mofset amp. So I tapped into left and right rears and ran those into a LOC. I’m using a television DVD player wiring to connect LOC to amp. Ran power to amp from fusebox to fuse that powers off with key. Good ground. Jumped REM to power in on amp. Amp shuts off with key. Amp has protection feature that lights blue when good and red when not. It’s blue. Wired subwoofer two amp. Tried bridging, connecting to left channel alone then right channel alone, then both. Not a peep out of the subwoofer. I have been working on this for days now. It is wired exactly as any diagram that I have searched with the exception of the way I have the amp powered up. I can run power to battery and REM to back of stereo but I don’t see how that is the issue as it powers up fine. I’m a first timer with this subwoofer stuff. I used to wire the old Jensen 6x9’s when I was kid. No amps. Could it be the free RCA cable I’m using? At my wits end. Please any help greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to get a little thump that’s all

It should say I tapped the rears into them and to amp not two

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you hook your phone directly to the amp to make sure it's putting out sound.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    Can you hook your phone directly to the amp to make sure it's putting out sound.
    No 3.5mm input.

5. Back To Top    #5

DMM? Your going to have to test it somehow. You can grab a 3.5mm to rca adapter from Walmart.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

I’m not sure I’d trust the power wire connected to the fuse box and not the battery. I doubt that fuse panel is designed to handle the current from a high powered amplifier.

Also, you can use any kind of music source that has RCA outputs to test signal. If you have a home DVD or CD player you can use that.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    DMM? Your going to have to test it somehow. You can grab a 3.5mm to rca adapter from Walmart.
    It's my niece's 6th birthday today so I'll get to Walmart asap. I'll keep posting. Really want a little bass in my car. Thanks for all your help guys.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Weigel
    Vehicle
    99' Cavalier RS coupe

It doesn't much current to illuminate the power/ground terminal, so you may not be getting enough power to the amp for it to actually power up fully. I've seen this happen a couple times before, not saying it is for sure the issue here, but I have suspicion. Getting a DMM will surely help out.

If you have enough "extra" wire, try running a power wire to the battery outside the car just for testing if the current power wire is inefficient.

9. Back To Top    #9

So i took the subwoofer out and connected it to my home stereo and nothing. I don’t understand much about this stuff. Took my Bose house speaker 8 ohms and connected it to the amp in the car and again nothing. Damn thought it might be the speaker but the Bose won’t work in the car either. Does this info do anything for someone with knowledge of this stuff.?

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
    It doesn't much current to illuminate the power/ground terminal, so you may not be getting enough power to the amp for it to actually power up fully. I've seen this happen a couple times before, not saying it is for sure the issue here, but I have suspicion. Getting a DMM will surely help out.

If you have enough "extra" wire, try running a power wire to the battery outside the car just for testing if the current power wire is inefficient.
    I connected straight to battery and rem to stereo. Blue light on no sound. So flipping frustrating. Probably gonna have to take it to a sound shop.