Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I realized I've never really introduced myself, on any forum :/

1. Back To Top    #1

I realized I've never really introduced myself, on any forum :/

Hi, I'm jason. I am imjustjason on every forum I've ever joined. I've only been on forums since 2008. I've been imjustjason since I got the first free AOL trial in the mail in 94. I'm 44 years old, married (to a way better woman than I deserve), and have three kids (4, 10, 14). I am a mechanical engineer (the degree, the PE license, the whole nine). I design HVAC, pluming, and fire protection for commercial buildings. I'm an antisocial keep to myself kind of guy. I have no interest anyone elses politics, religion, sexual preference... anything really. As long as they keep their hands off me (and or my family) it doesn't matter to me.

I've been seriously into car audio since my sister got her first car when I was 14. I started taking apart my dads home speakers and putting the components in her car and it's been a daily thing since.

For the last 10 years or so I have had a LOT of different cars with small systems off & on in each. It's been 15+ years since I have had a full blown, planned out, and well designed system in anything I own. I have enough equipment laying around to 10 full cars and still have spares. I have done SEVERAL installs for friends, friends of friends, buddy's shop, but nothing elaborate for myself in a LONG time. Up until recently I was a firm believer in driving older easy to repair S10's and Blazers in lieu of newer flashier cars. I had three of them at the same time with gear lined up to go in all three. Well, I found out that with the older cars I was always fixing them and didn't have time to customize / work on them. So, I made a selfish decision and bought the truck I had been wanting since I saw the first one in 2007...

A 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin:

I have all new gear purchased and lined up to go in the truck. Well, except for the deck. I'm getting an new DNN990, it's Kenwood's version of the car PC, and it's not being released until April sometime. I buy Kenwood because that's what my buddy sells and I feel like I have to support his shop.

Sadly, my wife and I decided last week that we want to move (again, we just moved back into this house in August). SO, install is put off until that move is over. Good news is... BIGGER SHOP!! I have a 1800sf basement garage now and it's just too broken up to be efficient and usable, so a nice open rectangle is going to be promising.

I kept one of my old S10's because I do love them and like working on them. Plus, I have a lot of shit and need a place to put some of it. Here's my old truck...

1985 S15 Jimmy with 28,000 mile 1993 Vortec drive train and 1998 4-wheels disc brakes. It's basically an 85 body and interior on an ultra low mile chassis / drive line:

I have buddy that claims it's cooler than the red one. I don't have the heart to tell him he's nuts.

Anywho... that's the cliff's notes of me.

Both trucks are very dirty in the pics, I apologize.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: I realized I've never really introduced myself, on any forum :/

Welcome, Jason! i'll make you moderator over the political discussion forum

3. Back To Top    #3

hi Jason! :ciao: nice trucks!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    Welcome, Jason! i'll make you moderator over the political discussion forum
    I don't even read the political discussions!! I run like hell in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    hi Jason! :ciao: nice trucks!
    Thanks Ben.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Welcome aboard, Jason. I'm interested to see what you do in the Sport Trac. My dad has one, and I'm sure I'll wind up putting something in it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Jason

And your buddy is correct, the S10 Blazer is way cool

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL@Jason, I see what you did there

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Nice man, good looking trucks you got there. Good intro too.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    I'm interested to see what you do in the Sport Trac. My dad has one, and I'm sure I'll wind up putting something in it.
    Here's the plan. All in hand except deck.

Kenwood DNN990HD not even released yet, paid for... just not in my possession. :/
    Orion 300PHD with knobs remotely mounted in console where hand falls in front of armrest
    Zapco DRC frenched into bottom of dash where seat heat switches are currently
    Zapco DC650.6 - ran two channel
    Zapco DC1100.1 - amps will be stacked with custom double height end plates and under 60 portion of rear seat.
    Scan D2904 tweeters - likely in pillars... not completely sure yet
    AudioTechnology 18H 7" mids in doors
    Pair of Stereo Integrity BM's behind rear seat blended in with bump out for factory subwoofer, factory sub area will be left in place with sub taken out and opening used as a place to hold headphones, remotes for the kids headrest monitors

... now all I need is some time. :/

I'm also undecided on whether I want to do things like LED lights and other cosmetic things to make it look good or keep it utilitarian.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Damn. Maybe I'll just tell him to come see you.