Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

Real Name
    Jason

2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

I'm starting a new thread (and re-directing the previous thread to this one) so there is less chance of confusion. I've experienced this in the past with change of location on the same scheduled date.......doesn't always goes smoothly.

Reason for the change of date

As you know, there is a little Pandemic going on right now, and will be through May unfortunately. So, I'm pushing this out to November......after Finals (if there will be some) and before the Holidays. We will play it by ear.....hopefully we won't be in the 2nd or 3rd wave of COVID-19 at that time.

Reason for the change of venue

Well, this change of date encroached on the meet up that Ian typically throws in the Fall in Virginia - so this is partly due to the change to a couple hours North of my house. A few of us had a mini-meet in February, and it is a good spot. The park is 5 minutes from I-81, for reference here is the address 5100 Alexander Rd, Dublin, VA 24084. I imagine in November the park should be fairly empty, and there are shelters with power available. There are 2 or 3 hotels right across the highway as well along with a bunch of restaurants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5806.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	10059

Obligatory link to the previous NCSQ Meet

2019 NCSQ Spring Meet

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...hanged.411491/

Friday Night Info:

Friday afternoon / evening (mid afternoon'ish) - for whoever wants to - likely meet over at the park just to demo / hang out - eat somewhere......

Saturday Info:

Likely 0930-1000 - depending on weather (who knows....) - demo and hang out - likely do lunch on your own - several fast food places close by - we can bring Fun Dip and things like that to munch on - then Fatz or something similar that evening.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (of course you are responsible for policing said kids)
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite music on discs, thumb drive, or other device
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want to use one
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism
    A coat....will likely be cool / cold.

2. Back To Top    #41
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: 2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    ll probably be rolling into town mid-afternoon on that Friday for anyone else that wants to meet up and chill, eat, etc.
    I'm hoping to be there sometime Friday afternoon as well, I'll shoot you a PM closer to the date as I'll have a better idea of what time I'll be there.

Hotel booked, will definitely be there Friday. Likely by about 5pm or so.
    Last edited by naiku; 10-04-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

3. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Paid vacation day from work has been confirmed & room at the Hampton Inn is booked. Looking forward to a little mini vacation. See you all soon.

4. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Eric

Booked my room at the Holiday Inn in Dublin... will be heading up there on Friday.

5. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Unfortunately I am going to have to back out. This weekend was supposed to be my son's final fall baseball tournament but because of all the rain we’re getting the games are being moved to next weekend. I was really stoked for this but I guess I’ll just catch up with y’all at the next one.

I certainly hope this kid understands some day how much I’ve given up for him to play baseball...

6. Back To Top    #45
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Sorry you won't be able to make it, hopefully next year with some normalcy resumed there will be more meets.

Jason posted this over at diyma, figured it made sense to copy here:

We are still looking to go forward with this meet.

Still looking forward to meeting up on Friday night at Al's on First for dinner - arrive between 5:30-6:00 - it would be great to indicate if you are going to try to make it to dinner so I can 'reserve' a table - I'll need to get there and 'hold' a table - so if there will be 3 of us or 5 of us or 10 of us - that will make a difference for what I can 'hold'. They don't take reservations.

Saturday morning - I'm going to try to get there by 0830 or so - if you are the first one there - please occupy the large shelter next to the pool - has power (again, they don't take reservations at this time of the year). I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn - so I'm likely going to go to Waffle House for 'breakfast'.......

If you have any interest in the meet 'disc', please PM me for a download. The intention is for those who are going to make it - like how it use to be with an actual compact disc, I'd rather not have the download shared on a FB thread, etc. - this is for those attending the meet (primarily). Up to 73 tracks.....I just added two more this morning
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

7. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I doubt I'll make it there before 8pm, I have something to do Friday morning before I leave. I'll call Jason when I get to town.

8. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Hey guys, I spoke about trying to come to this event over at Diyma so I'll say it here as well, I would love to come to this event if that's cool. I don't have a system in this car I have now but I've been dying to hear some SQ vehicles and get some guidance/ideas on my upcoming build. I would drive down Saturday for what I imagine is the main leg of the meet up at the park. I saw the pics of 2019 and that solidified my wanting to be there.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

9. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The more, the merrier

10. Back To Top    #49
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Weather looks like it is going to be perfect for tomorrow, looking forward to catching up with everyone.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

11. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Beautiful up here! 66 degrees and sunny.

The shelter has power and the bathrooms are open.

My car in front of my Dad’s office.

Shelter with several outlets

Bathroom

Car wash is right up the street - I’ll try to get an address.

Come off of freeway - WalMart will be on left and McDonalds - Wendy’s will be on right - keep going 1/2 mile to next light - will see car wash on right.

I coins accepted - bills only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro