Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

Real Name
    Jason

2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

I'm starting a new thread (and re-directing the previous thread to this one) so there is less chance of confusion. I've experienced this in the past with change of location on the same scheduled date.......doesn't always goes smoothly.

Reason for the change of date

As you know, there is a little Pandemic going on right now, and will be through May unfortunately. So, I'm pushing this out to November......after Finals (if there will be some) and before the Holidays. We will play it by ear.....hopefully we won't be in the 2nd or 3rd wave of COVID-19 at that time.

Reason for the change of venue

Well, this change of date encroached on the meet up that Ian typically throws in the Fall in Virginia - so this is partly due to the change to a couple hours North of my house. A few of us had a mini-meet in February, and it is a good spot. The park is 5 minutes from I-81, for reference here is the address 5100 Alexander Rd, Dublin, VA 24084. I imagine in November the park should be fairly empty, and there are shelters with power available. There are 2 or 3 hotels right across the highway as well along with a bunch of restaurants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5806.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	10059

Obligatory link to the previous NCSQ Meet

2019 NCSQ Spring Meet

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...hanged.411491/

Friday Night Info:

Friday afternoon / evening (mid afternoon'ish) - for whoever wants to - likely meet over at the park just to demo / hang out - eat somewhere......

Saturday Info:

Likely 0930-1000 - depending on weather (who knows....) - demo and hang out - likely do lunch on your own - several fast food places close by - we can bring Fun Dip and things like that to munch on - then Fatz or something similar that evening.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (of course you are responsible for policing said kids)
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite music on discs, thumb drive, or other device
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want to use one
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism
    A coat....will likely be cool / cold.

2. Back To Top    #61
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Re: 2020 NCSQ Meet - 6-7 November 2020 Near Pulaski Virginia (new)

Thanks for posting those photos Ian.

This will be a little shorter than my normal on and on rambling because I’m typing on my phone.

Thank you for all that attended, and it was a shame several others who were not able to attend......because it was a fantastic meet (in my honest but biased opinion). Beautiful weather, lovely setting, great cars, and wonderful people. The consensus between a couple of us was that every car there had improved from the last time we heard it.

Some photos from Friday before dinner

Ryan’s clean Camry

Bo’s newly modified BRZ - some exterior touches, and a Kraftwerks supercharger

View from the hotel room - I love Virginia scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Back To Top    #62
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

We had a decent dinner at Al’s on 1st - Ryan, Bo, Ian, John, and I.

I was granted the opportunity to get an hour long demo of Ryan’s awesome Camry! In an hour, I only got through part of my meet ‘disc’

Saturday morning, Ryan and I went out to get some coffee - found fresh donuts instead from ‘Glazed And Confused’ (but the coffee truck wasn’t there that morning) - then off to Waffle House where we met up with Ian and John again.

Mumbles (Eric) beautiful Audi S5 completed by Steve and the boys at Audio X - gorgeous car and install

4. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Bo’s BRZ is beautiful - and I brought back fond memories sitting in it - especially when I was given the privilege to drive it! That supercharger is phenomenal! And the system was very much improved over my last demo - well done!

Michael Myers’ Forester - well, from my demo, it made complete sense as to why the Forester is taking 2020 by storm in the comp scene. It was incredible! Thank you for coming to our meet and sharing your vehicle with us. I really enjoyed hearing your design philosophy as well.

Ryan and I played this track in each other’s cars after dinner......some day...... Listening right now on the Utopia headphones......will be a while until the Audi may get to that level.

Had a great demo with Al as well - his truck looks fantastic with the new wheels / tires - Roll Tide! We had a fun demo too - that 18 can do big, bad bass - but it could do Anthrax very well too. Very impressive!

We played some tracks for Erin since he wasn’t able to attend.

And parting shot

Thank you fellas for making this another successful and fun ‘NCSQ’ meet!

5. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

There were some guys who couldn’t make it, so I decided to shoot some short videos having the fellas talk through their installs.

Some were agreeable to participate - so I started it off (really goofy I know - I don’t have a future in front of the camera), and Jacob was my videographer.

I’m going to try to link the YouTube vids here - will see how they turn out.

Zippy’s Video

6. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Another great photo set and great videos as well. Man this looked like a nice time. Yeah I need to get my thing together for the next one.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

7. Back To Top    #66
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

I’m at work now so I’ll watch the videos when I get home but thanks for doing those. I’m really sad I didn’t make it down. When we got the news that they were pushing the baseball tournament out a weekend, the first thing my son said was, “Dad, I understand if you don’t want to cancel your trip.” Seeing as I’m a coach & it would’ve meant him not playing also AND the first thing he thought of was me (instead of the typical teenager thinking of only himself) I couldn’t say no.

I/we still had a great, fun weekend, played some great baseball and made it to the semifinal game where we eventually lost. Here’s the lone pic I got of OUR weekend as we were waiting to start the semifinal game. It’s my son (the taller one) with his best friend with the best nickname... Dump Truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7FD5D2A0-DB2D-4050-9E09-AA39BCC6C8F4.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	14496

8. Back To Top    #67
    Real Name
    Eric

There's talk of another GTG at the same location in the Spring... mark your calendars with a big vague X... LOL!