Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brax Matrix ML10 feedback please

1. Back To Top    #1

Brax Matrix ML10 feedback please

Hello all

Do any of you guy's have any real world use, feedback and thoughts on the ML10 sub? I am currently using a C-One for my sub channel so amplification duties are handled well enough. I am looking towards a seal enclosure option. I want a sub that plays with enough articulation and speed to have instruments sound like instruments. The sub will see no real techno, electronic, rap or other such music so blowing my hair around is not a criteria or priority. Any other subs that you might suggest?

I am planning out my spring/summer project
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: Brax Matrix ML10 feedback please

Audiofrog GB series, Morel, Dynaudio, Audio Development, and Sinfoni would be good subs to research.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

For what your musical tastes seem to be also check out the Image Dynamics IDQ10v4. I have the IDQ12v4 and it's by far one of the most musical subs I've ever used even though I had to replace it with a 12" that requires a much smaller box. I wanted to keep at least half the space behind the seats of my single cab truck. The IDQ didn't have much oomph in my experience and also wasn't a low bass monster but it more than made up for it by being musical and sounding like an extension of my midbass speakers that are also VERY musical.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4

I’m toying with a utopia 10wm for my dash sub, not as expensive as the brax, but should be up there with all the above ����

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys , i was thinking the Brax because it matches my front stage. It is tough to listen and be exposed to the other subs out there at the best of times .

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

There are plenty of people in here that have heard many of these, and can offer objective (and biased) opinions on a lot of these subs. I can recommend the Frog GB series as a beautiful sub that will do about anything you ask of it, and sound awesome doing it. Good luck with your system, I bet it’s gonna sound excellent!!!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

They may be tough to come by now, but the Phoenix Gold Ti3x models were incredible subs. I think they only came in 12" though. I know PG is not what they used to be, but that was one of the best subs I have ever heard. I've sold it to a friend in town, so we could probably still get a demo of it, if you like. I bought it from a friend of Tyler through the Visions in Edmonton, fyi.

Edit: Here is the manual with the ts parameters. They are officially "legacy" products now. Too bad.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...f?v=1584711951
    Last edited by blockrocker; 04-10-2020 at 07:49 PM.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I also think the JL w6 should be in your list....I mean if it is good enough for erinh to use in his personal car.....
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

9. Back To Top    #9

Can you fit two in appropriately sized enclosures? It’ll help with effortlessness and low frequency extension, which will help with realism.

10. Back To Top    #10

I found a review of the ML 10 as there seems to be no direct experience with it.

https://issuu.com/nextmedia/docs/inc...17_replicaf/56

What they describe seems to be right upy alley 😊

Jl are great subs but I am not sure they are quite the right fit for my application and what I prioritize. A fellow in the local
    community has had most of them and he shared his experience with them.

Thanks for the input so far and Happy Easter to everyone!