Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Fi subwoofers?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Has anyone used Fi subwoofers?

I'm going to put one in my daughter's 2001 Toyota 4Runner. It's the SSD4 model. I wanted to know if they are good for SQ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Has anyone used Fi subwoofers?

The Q is a better sq subwoofer from their range and will go loud

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I'm a huge fan of Fi subs. I run a BTL-3 in my truck in a massive SQ oriented box and it sounds awesome - even though its a "SPL" sub. Although I haven't heard the model you mentioned, I have full confidence in the brand, and am sure the SSD4 would sound great, in the right box.

dumdum mentioned the Q, and I've heard that as well, its wicked. Fi is a very under rated brand in my opinion. Put that SSD4 in a box that keeps the response as flat as possible and it will do well.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

I'll run it ported in the max box parameters they have listed and tune it to their specs. Price is really a lot of what is driving this plus I'm only giving it 600 watts rms. She's 17 so she just wants something that's not muddy or too boomy. I was also considering Image Dynamics IDQ12, any thoughts?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I don't have any experience with Image Dynamics, but I know they are a respected SQ brand. If she isn't going to beat on it, the ID sub will sound great (so I'm told) but if she is going to be even a little hard on it, I would lean to the Fi.

Both good brands and good choices, if not quite apples to apples. You won't go wrong and she is a lucky lady to have her dad put a system in her vehicle. Cheers to you.

6. Back To Top    #6

13w3

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Thanks blockrocker. I've done this with all my kids cars. Not just because they wanted it, more for me actually, I have fun doing it, labor of love kinda. I do have one of those IDQ 10's in my other daughters' 1992 Camaro and it gets down as it's ported and tuned to 31hz in a custom 1.6 ft3 box I built to fit in the well area. I just want to try something different, I like to see what's out there besides the standard big name corporate stuff. This SSD4 is priced right for my budget and for her ears I think she will enjoy it. I believe I can get a good subwoofer for around $250 that will be of good service, sound quality, and longevity.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have not used any, but I have heard a lot of good things about them... And they look really awesome! I was going to use one in my current build, but I just didn't have the airspace they needed, so I went with a 10" Hutchinson sub. Op, you should take a look at those if you are flexible on your budget.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #9

What I remember from looking into FI subs is there was a somewhat annoying lead time. If you can purchase it outright then it should be great. Admittedly my experience was several years ago. I'm a "Just in Time" guy because I change my mind so often, so I usually don't buy things that aren't available off the shelf.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

They don't have any "in stock" as of right now, but I'm also out of town for work for the next two months so there won't be a problem ordering one, having it built, and being shipped.