Thread: Car Audio Design Project

1. Back To Top    #1

Car Audio Design Project

Hi everyone,

I am a design student currently doing a project for Kicker Audio. I’m working on researching the installation process of car audio systems. I’d like to get some input from enthusiasts on their own experiences. Here’s a few initial questions:

• Would you do the install yourself, or pay to have it done?
    • How much time did your install take, if you did it yourself?
    • Would you say that certain cars are easier to install systems in to?
    • Does the difficulty of the install change depending on components that make up an audio system?
    • Would you need any tools beforehand to do an install, and if so, how many?
    • If you could change anything about the install process, now or in the future, what would it be?

It would be a great deal of help to hear from anybody that can provide some info! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Car Audio Design Project

Myself

100’s of hours

all cars pose issues, I don’t know of any car that is easy, but yes some are easier than others

of course, a drop in set in a bmw is easier to fit than a full day build

yes... but how long is a piece of string?

its fairly simple currently, I’d like WIFI hi res streaming over Bluetooth which doesn’t have the bandwidth

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Eric

Many of the typical questions about equipment and installation boil down to the results you want to achieve and the available budget. Do you just want some music you can listen to or are you always looking to squeeze the best possible sound out of your setup? Once you have that goal established, the equipment and level of installation follow, based upon your budget... you can take good equipment and make it sound horrible with a bad install or make so-so equipment sound great with proper install techniques.

4. Back To Top    #4

• Would you do the install yourself, or pay to have it done? install myself
    • How much time did your install take, if you did it yourself? estimated 30 -40 hours
    • Would you say that certain cars are easier to install systems in to? yes
    • Does the difficulty of the install change depending on components that make up an audio system? no
    • Would you need any tools beforehand to do an install, and if so, how man 10 or 15 (hard to estimate)
    • If you could change anything about the install process, now or in the future, what would it be? id like to have a bigger covered area to work or indoor a/c garage to install.