Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The "Share your tune measurements and methods" thread

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: The "Share your tune measurements and methods" thread

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Ok, thanks for replying with that. I was assuming that I couldn't be the only one that has seen this - but I haven't seen any actual data from anyone else. Hopefully, others will eventually post their measurements for comparison as well. I will be posting more measurements shortly as well.

Did you also notice any phase and/or reflection-related issues when playing L+R speaker pairs? For example, my left dash and right dash measurements would be spot-on (to my curve), but when I played both left and right dash speakers together, the result was no longer "spot-on" with my curve (due to phase and/or reflection issues) - i would have some wide, shallow dips at certain areas. :-)

Obviously, your ears are the ultimate "measurement" - but you never know - you may be able to improve things even further if you can identify and fix ever more issues. "You don't know what you don't know" type of thing. :-) Which is the whole point of this thread - to look into identifying and resolving some of these issues.

You can really only get the full picture if you take individual, L+R pair, "all speaker" and even left/right side measurements - and see how they all interact with each other. I've found it pretty interesting how things change when multiple speakers are playing (vs just measuring individual speakers or "just left" / "just right" measurements). Another example - my left and right midbass speaker measurements will be perfect individually, but when played together, I get a very narrow 7dB dip at 421hz (which I honestly just ignore in this case - at least so far). :-) Also, 1/3rd smoothing really won't show that narrow dip, but no smoothing will show it very obviously.

Obviously, another question is whether or not you can actually hear a lot of these "issues". Although, to me, I just figure that if I can fix them, then why not?
    If you have cancellations at specific frequencies, then the left and right side are 180 degrees out of phase at that specific area. This can be addressed with a certain tool. What DSP do you use?

2. Back To Top    #32

This is a curve file I created and tune too. Looks almost exactly like Jtroskys curve.
    Decided to retune last night after I messed up settings. Will have pics soon.

Btw. I been lurking here for a while. I’m in Diyma also.

Maybe we could share REW target files also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Selkec View Post

This is a curve file I created and tune too. Looks almost exactly like Jtroskys curve.
    Decided to retune last night after I messed up settings. Will have pics soon.

Btw. I been lurking here for a while. I’m in Diyma also.

Maybe we could share REW target files also?

One of the best ways to get REW target files
    Credit: Justin Zazzi, the Wave Shepherd of RF
    https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...wizard.206881/
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #34

That’s how I created mine lol. It started with his curve

5. Back To Top    #35

The "Share your tune measurements and methods" thread

All criticism is welcome! I would love to see the measured response of other peoples systems!

Here’s my current tune. Haven’t done the subs yet. And Gonna make a couple more global cuts to smooth it out a little more.

6. Back To Top    #36

Redid the tune to have gaps between drivers. Mow it’s more detailed at higher volume

Kenwood ddx9905s/2tbSSD-Helix Dsp.3-B2 Audio 1200.6/2500.1- Seas Prestige 1”, Audison Voce3” 6.5”, 2x12” B2 Rage subs. 370HO alt. 2 batteries. All 1/0 OFC

7. Back To Top    #37
    Vehicle
    2016 Mazda 3

Hi Folks,

I'm really grateful for all the posts on this thread. I'm learning a lot!

I did an upgrade on my 07 corolla from a 2 way passive to a 3 way active setup with an Audison Bit One processor. Most of my specs are in the system design image. Further below is a REW RTA curve that was from my latest tuning. Used a MiniDSP Umik-1.

I believe the system sounds really quite good. Great perhaps. I don't have as much experience with high quality systems like this--big upgrade for me.

So I wanted to see, what do folks on here suggest for continuing to improve the sound quality?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07 corolla Stereo System Design (1).jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	13943

(Note my tweeters are connected to the Taramps 400x4 and the CDT mids are connected to the Pioneer gm d8704 unlike in the design).

My rear 6x9s do not go through the Bit One. Only 8 channels output: so using 1,2 for tweeters; 3,4 for mid woofers; 5,6 for mid bass; and 8 for the sub (7 could be a center, but I'm not using it.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corolla 9-15-20 d.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	13944

Thanks for your feedback!

8. Back To Top    #38

WOW - you have a 70dB+ differential between 20khz and 20hz!!! That is absolutely insane. Most people desire between a 15dB and 25dB (even that is high) difference between 20khz and 20hz.

I would have to think that your bass is like SUPER CRAZY exaggerated! Is it?

Typically, when posting response graphs, the forums use a 5dB increment "standard". Can you repost that graphs with 5dB increments (you currently have 20dB increments)?

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    WOW - you have a 70dB+ differential between 20khz and 20hz!!! That is absolutely insane. Most people desire between a 15dB and 25dB (even that is high) difference between 20khz and 20hz.

I would have to think that your bass is like SUPER CRAZY exaggerated! Is it?

Typically, when posting response graphs, the forums use a 5dB increment "standard". Can you repost that graphs with 5dB increments (you currently have 20dB increments)?
    Wow. I didn't even notice that. I just saw the graph and said it doesn't look too bad....

Now I see it and am like HOLY COW! You have no mids/highs! 40db down by 100hz!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

10. Back To Top    #40
    Vehicle
    2016 Mazda 3

It did seem like a lot of difference in dbs on the graph. To my ears the mids and highs seemed like too much when they were higher. I will work on a graph to get to the 5db standard increments. The bass is strong but it doesn't seem too overpowering to me. I will double check my adjustments on the bass control when I take the measurement.

Thanks guys!