Hello everyone.
    I got a Kenwood Excelon amplifier X621 which is:

• 2 channel and 2 Ohms Stereo Stable / 4 Ohms Mono (Bridged) Stable
    • 179 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
    • 305 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
    • 612 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohm

Then i got 6 speakers JVC CS-V527(200Watt max and 27watt rms each) on 4 ohm

Need Help in:

Connecting all 6 speakers to the amplifier in such a way that the amp does not sustain damage & maximum efficiency is achieved

P.S: Dont want to add another amp as there is already one for the sub.

Thanks....Kindly tell me a diagram if possible on how to wire them all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 6 x 4ohm speakers on a 2channel (2 Ohms Stereo Stable) amplifier

You can’t do six speakers to that amp and get the same power to each in stereo except for 12 ohm stereo, other way is 6ohms mono by series wiring three and then paralleling the two bunches back down but then it’s mono

4 speakers is easy, just do a pair in parallel to each stereo channel

if your brave (massive disclaimer... don’t try this at home kids!) you can try three in parallel off each stereo channel for 1.33ohms, but bear in mind the amp may well take a shit and die horribly due to more current through it’s output stages than it’s meant to take... upto you

first question would really be why 6 speakers? Lose two and get more volume, nicer sq and generally safer for the amplifier

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a great place to start: http://www.bcae1.com/

Scroll down through the menu on the right to item 58 (Series/Parallel Impedance), click on it, and then check out that page.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've also found this site useful for speeding up series/parallel calculations: https://geoffthegreygeek.com/calcula...s-in-parallel/ I've linked the parallel calculator, scroll to the bottom and you can simply plug-in numbers to determine final load and power-per-speaker. There's a series calculator as well (same domain, different page).

Agreed with dumdum, 3 pairs of 4ohm speakers on a 2 channel amp makes for tough compromises. I wouldn't risk running them in parallel, that puts you way under 2ohms. You can go series, but at 12ohms each channel of your amp will be putting out around 60 watts, and each speaker will only get around 20.

Aside from trying mono-bridged as dumdum suggested, the only other thing I can think of would be to do a series-parallel combination. 1 pair of speakers will get way more power than the other 2 pairs, but that volume balance may work better anyway if one pair is for the driver's area and the others are for rears (assuming this is in a van or rv or boat? I can't think of any other reason to run 3 pairs). So for each side, you'd wire 2 of the speakers (rears) together in series, then parallel that series connection with the third speaker (front). In theory, that would give your amp a 2.67ohm load, with roughly 229 watts per channel. The front pair of speakers would each see 152.5 watts (waaaay overkill btw), the 2 rear pairs would each see around 38.125 watts. I've never actually tried wiring something like that, I'd definitely want to try it on the bench with a resistance multi-meter to see if it's in the ballpark.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

I'd run 3 paralleled per channel.
    Last edited by Euphonic; 03-18-2020 at 06:47 PM.

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe the OP needs a passive crossover?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    Maybe the OP needs a passive crossover?
    why? They are coaxial speakers, I presume they also have a first order high pass on the tweeter already...

anyway, back to the original poster... I presume your the only person with this exact combo of amp and speakers and also posted on Facebook about this... in which case you stated you wanted sq over and above, you have a pair fitted in the dash, a pair fitted in the front doors and a pair in the rear deck... this is a bad setup to even attempt to get decent sq from, what led you to buying three sets of not particularly great speakers instead of a single set of decent component speakers which would sound a lot better, and also seal up the door cavity and get some extra midbass, that way you will be setup for when you then get a subwoofer in the future

8. Back To Top    #8
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Best I can come up with is a 6Ω load to the amplifier with the amplifier bridged.

Put two speakers in parallel for a 2Ω load.
    Put three pairs of those in series for a 6Ω load.

That'll give you (on paper) about 410w, or about 70w per speaker which seems reasonable considering the 27w power rating.

Looks good on paper.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.