Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Build" log .vs. "Tune" log

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

"Build" log .vs. "Tune" log

I've seen many build logs throughout the years, but I don't recall seeing "Tune" logs done in the same fashion as the build logs, with all the pictures/vids and detailed explanations..

I think it would be really cool to see the complete tune process that happens after the build is complete.

... anybody have links to "Tune" logs ??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "Build" log .vs. "Tune" log

Nice idea. I may make one... Stay tuned. Pun intended?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Just do us all a favor, and don't start a new thread each time you change an eq setting or a crossover point.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Once I tried posting a pic of my eq setting (after winning the nationals in my SQ class btw), tuned by someone much more experienced than me - and a head judge.

Only ended up with people from other parts of the world, never having seen or heard my car, telling me that it was all wrong and bad settings. That's what you will have to deal with

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    Once I tried posting a pic of my eq setting (after winning the nationals in my SQ class btw), tuned by someone much more experienced than me - and a head judge.

Only ended up with people from other parts of the world, never having seen or heard my car, telling me that it was all wrong and bad settings. That's what you will have to deal with
    That's honestly the reason I keep a lot of things to myself...not because I want to but because of all the armchair installers and tuners who have very different goals and tastes compared to mine. Could be I'm just re-evaluating my priorities but updating my build log is the last thing on my mind. It's my opinion that doing a tune log is just one big can of worms that really shouldn't be opened unless you're going back and forth privately with someone you trust. There's a lot of bad advice being spread around in this hobby and a lot of those people spreading it don't realize they're doing more harm than good.

Don't mean to spread a negative vibe in this thread but this is how I truly feel and I'm OK with not being as well liked as I could be because of it. I pride myself for being "real" even when it's not what the masses want.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

Take the lead on this Matt, unless you're scared that somebody might not agree with your process of tuning and type some mean words in this forum to you......

I would like to see your Tune Log, and I promise not to say anything bad about your process......

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    That's honestly the reason I keep a lot of things to myself...not because I want to but because of all the armchair installers and tuners who have very different goals and tastes compared to mine. Could be I'm just re-evaluating my priorities but updating my build log is the last thing on my mind. It's my opinion that doing a tune log is just one big can of worms that really shouldn't be opened unless you're going back and forth privately with someone you trust. There's a lot of bad advice being spread around in this hobby and a lot of those people spreading it don't realize they're doing more harm than good.

Don't mean to spread a negative vibe in this thread but this is how I truly feel and I'm OK with not being as well liked as I could be because of it. I pride myself for being "real" even when it's not what the masses want.

Thanks okay Hillbilly, although I think you would have a tremendous amount of experience to share, its your prerogative not to post a Tune Log.

Although, I do have a little difficulty understanding your logic.... In your first statement you said "That's honestly the reason I keep a lot of things to myself...not because I want to but because of all the armchair installers and tuners who have very different goals and tastes compared to mine." Then in your last statement you said "I'm OK with not being as well liked as I could be because of it. I pride myself for being "real" even when it's not what the masses want. "

Basically, you're saying you don't want to share your tuning process because people might not like it, then your saying you don't care what people think for being yourself.

You're so knowledgeable and experienced, you could help a lot of people out. To hell with the negative posters.....
    Last edited by Brego; 03-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.

8. Back To Top    #8

I too wish more people shared a little more about their tunes and tuning processes.

I'm actually going to start a thread where people can share the measured response of their tune. I personally like see what the response looks like from other peoples tunes. I understand that everyone hears differently and everyone has different preferences, but I still like seeing the data. Sometimes, it may give other people ideas to try with their own tune. For example, I create a pretty big dip in the 2khz-5khz area in my tune - and I tend to have more midbass than most (I've found that while driving, you lose a lot of midbass due to road noise, etc - so the extra midbass helps "compensate" for that). I want my music to sound good while I'm driving, not just while I'm sitting still in the garage without the car even running. :-)

I also created another thread not too long ago on my tuning process - asking peoples opinions on my process and measured response (https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...ink-of-my-tune). It just describes how *I* (as a novice) go about tuning and what my response looked like at the time (I've changed things since then already though). I'm constantly learning and trying to improve my tune and I think threads like that can be beneficial to other novices like myself.

But I do also understand why some people don't want to share - because everyone is a critic. :-) I personally like hearing the criticism since I'm still learning though. I can always choose to ignore it if I don't think it applies.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    2016 Colorado Crew

Hell yes jtrosky !!! ... Lets get this going!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    Thanks okay Hillbilly, although I think you would have a tremendous amount of experience to share, its your prerogative not to post a Tune Log.

Although, I do have a little difficulty understanding your logic.... In your first statement you said "That's honestly the reason I keep a lot of things to myself...not because I want to but because of all the armchair installers and tuners who have very different goals and tastes compared to mine." Then in your last statement you said "I'm OK with not being as well liked as I could be because of it. I pride myself for being "real" even when it's not what the masses want. "

Basically, you're saying you don't want to share your tuning process because people might not like it, then your saying you don't care what people think for being yourself.

You're so knowledgeable and experienced, you could help a lot of people out. To hell with the negative posters.....
    My prerogative is complicated...
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.