Thread: Newer HU with CD/DVD + Digital Out?

1. Back To Top    #1

Newer HU with CD/DVD + Digital Out?

Hi, first post! I'm from DIYMA and Elite Car Audio forum before that. Been in the hobby since 1999.

My car has a double-din dash. I am currently using a 15-20 year old Clarion DRZ-9255 with a companion Clarion NZ500 for fold-out DVD/Nav/Reverse Camera in my car. To stream music I plug my phone into the DRZ-9255 Aux with a 1/4" stereo to RCA cable.

It suits my needs, but it does have its limitations. The CD player gets more finicky year by year, and I listen to CDs less and less (mostly because I love Dubstep and mixes often not available on a CD). It would be amazing if I could screen mirror Tidal onto my dash screen. That would also allow me to watch Netflix on my car screen instead of my phone propped up in the gauge cluster when I'm out in my car watching shows during break time.

If I were to change up the screened HU, it would be a perfect time to try on a Helix DSP Pro or the new Ultra. Problem: my DRZ-9255 doesn't have digital out. Neither does any of the screened HUs I'm seeing.

AptX Bluetooth is 352kpbs. Tidal HiFi is 1411 kbps, so I don't want to use BT to DSP.

I would love some HU ideas or other workaround ideas from you guys that allows me to use a DSP's DAC and mirror shows from my phone.
    Last edited by Dremgragen; 03-09-2020 at 03:16 PM.