1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Re: Door speaker water shield

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    They are a gamechanger for sure
    Unfortunately, they are out of stock from Amazon. Any body else know where I can get a set?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I ordered mine from eBay - but Sonic Electronix was the seller. They have a 10% off coupon going right now too.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I ordered mine from eBay - but Sonic Electronix was the seller. They have a 10% off coupon going right now too.
    Got a set from Sonic, Thanks Dan

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

I had to get back inside my door to add some additional sound deadening and pulled my speaker, remembering this thread, thought I would share these photos. This was probably after a couple of light rain storms and the inside of the door was still a little wet.

These are the Install Bay ones, not the NVX, my one complaint is that they could have been longer to go deeper into the door, another 1/2" to 1" with one more "groove" would have been nice. My speaker is not that thick so using the thicker Metra Ford adapter or even just a 1/2" thick custom you have had the speaker end closer to the end of the baffle.

We don't get the amount of rain others do so these should work for me based on these pictures but the water stains show a benefit of using these over traditional fast rings which I and many have also used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotated1gif.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	15122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotated2gif.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	15123
    Finally get to update this, procurement & install planning phase has had some execution happen, procurement is for minor items now. Have Morel MT350 Tweeters & Hybrid MW6 Woofers, AudioControl DM-6.1200 & just added LC.1-800, KnuKoncepts Wiring and distribution, Audiofrog GS12D2 refurb, starting with inexpensive subwoofer enclosure to get everything up and running and let funds replenish some...Funds have replenished and now I am questioning my early DSP/Amp approach decision...