Thread: Door speaker water shield

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Door speaker water shield

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    these make a negative difference to sound from experience of removing several sets (both cut (shocking) and uncut!)
    Baffle Mitzvah?

Oy vey!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12

Those NVX baffles look really nice, I like how they flare forward to seal against the door card. I might just grab a pair to replace my windowed XTC foam baffles, going to wait and see how they work out for you. Trying to decide if it's worth taking my doors apart again...
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

The NVX were absolutely fantastic to work with. Thanks for the recommendation everyone.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

They are a gamechanger for sure
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #15

Ah dammit. Those look great, I think I'm going to have to get a pair to try out. Ideally I'll try to motivate myself to take a "before" RTA with the current XTC baffles and an "after" RTA with the NVX ones, just for the sake of curiosity.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2017 Silverado CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    The NVX were absolutely fantastic to work with. Thanks for the recommendation everyone.

I also have a pair of cut up XTC baffles that I was attempting to make a water shield out of, these definitely look interesting. Curious if you ended up using anything on the front of the speaker or are you using the NVX baffle to try and act as a "seal" to the door card?

I got some SoundSkins v3 "rings" to try and fill the gap between the GS690's and the inner door card. I'm not sure how much space I'd need to fill but I would think the NVX baffles alone would not be enough.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post
    I also have a pair of cut up XTC baffles that I was attempting to make a water shield out of, these definitely look interesting. Curious if you ended up using anything on the front of the speaker or are you using the NVX baffle to try and act as a "seal" to the door card?

I got some SoundSkins v3 "rings" to try and fill the gap between the GS690's and the inner door card. I'm not sure how much space I'd need to fill but I would think the NVX baffles alone would not be enough.
    The Ridgeline's gap from the edge of the speaker flange to the door card is 1/2" - super tight. The NVX mold naturally folded itself away from the driver, which I could only imagine (because I can't see) is sealing most of the front wave - if not all of it.

My buddy Jim ordered the XTCs and after witnessing their advantages, he ordered two pairs for his 2019 Tundra.

2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post

I'm using Resonix 5mm CF, I didn't apply any CF within 1" of the baffle/OEM grill

Last edited by avidedtr; 03-10-2020 at 10:05 AM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2017 Silverado CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    The Ridgeline's gap from the edge of the speaker flange to the door card is 1/2" - super tight. The NVX mold naturally folded itself away from the driver, which I could only imagine (because I can't see) is sealing most of the front wave - if not all of it.

My buddy Jim ordered the XTCs and after witnessing their advantages, he ordered two pairs for his 2019 Tundra.

Yea, I'd be willing to bet that I have more than 1/2" inch, though I haven't actually measured it. Good info though, I imagine if one had to, the NVX mold could be folded or trimmed down on the front to allow for another means of sealing the front of the speaker to the card.

10. Back To Top    #20

That NVX really looks like a super neat idea!