Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Door speaker water shield

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Door speaker water shield

Can anyone tell me where I can source something like these that aren't as ridgid around the baffle.

2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Door speaker water shield

Like, a thinner foam?

I recently used the silicone versions from NVX and REALLY like them. But they are kind of a stretch to fit around the speaker basket.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Like, a thinner foam?
    Yes sir, thinner around the baffle. I tried XTC types and there was so much resistance between the baffle and metal. Either I'm doing something wrong and need to review my approach or the product is what it is.

do you have a link to the NVX product used for a 6-1/2" ?

Thanks
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Ohhh, I know what you're talking about. Sometimes the factory opening makes it difficult to push the foam baffles through, and then when you try to push the midbass in... no go.

Here are the NVX baffles - NVX XBAF65 Silicone Rubber Speaker Baffle

I used the 6x9" versions, and they were a tight fit into the Ram carrier plates, but I believe they are notorious for having a small size speaker cutout. With a few minutes of patience though, got the Frog GS690 midbass and those NVX baffles in there.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Ohhh, I know what you're talking about. Sometimes the factory opening makes it difficult to push the foam baffles through, and then when you try to push the midbass in... no go.

Here are the NVX baffles - NVX XBAF65 Silicone Rubber Speaker Baffle

I used the 6x9" versions, and they were a tight fit into the Ram carrier plates, but I believe they are notorious for having a small size speaker cutout. With a few minutes of patience though, got the Frog GS690 midbass and those NVX baffles in there.
    Ordered, hopefully these go easier. Trying to FIT and ARC RS60 isn't fun in a Honda CHEERS AND THANKS

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Keep us updated. Was my first time trying those, and definitely think they are my go to water shield from now on.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Keep us updated. Was my first time trying those, and definitely think they are my go to water shield from now on.
    Will do.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I just used a set of the silicone rings last weekend installing some 6x9's in the doors of my dad's Tundra. I won't use the foam ones anymore without a specific reason.
    Meh, it'll play.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Thanks man, they arrive Thursday. I'll post updates for others

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can source something like these that aren't as ridgid around the baffle.

these won’t do the sound of a driver in a door any good, restrictive for the flow of pressure off the rear of the cone, even if the lower section is cut out (it should be at least opened up) these make a negative difference to sound from experience of removing several sets (both cut (shocking) and uncut!)