Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New rifle build - long range 6.5PRC.

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: New rifle build - long range 6.5PRC.

Thanks for the info! Never looked into or heard of the 300 PRC either. Watched some videos on it last night and read some articles. Are you familiar with anyone making more budget oriented actions for 300 prc? Seems like the way to go vs 338, especially with the cost of ammo and such.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

I haven't done much research on the 300 PRC. I will ask my gunsmith his thoughts, though. A trued/blueprinted Remington 700 long action is a good way to go for a budget build, though. Your barrel is the biggest cost, and I spent a ton on mine, but that was alot of customization.

I did get some good news yesterday, though... my smith called me and said I'd overpaid him. lol. I've been giving him cash as I sold stuff off or got paid, as this is a work in progress, and I gave him another $500 on Saturday. I was thinking I was still going to need to shell out more and am trying to sell a 6.8SPC AR I have sitting around (Rock River) as well as one of the chassis I bought. But he said he has added everything up and including the smithing work and the RCBS Chargemaster I picked up from him I am still overpaid by a couple of hundred. So that's good to know! I don't actually NEED to sell anything else off, even my extra chassis, if I don't want to. It's not often you get good news when it comes to custom work, lol.

I'm afraid to sit down and put pen to paper and find out how much I've spent on this whole project, though... with reloading supplies and all that rot, it is ugly as sin.

3. Back To Top    #13

more pics... I wanna see this thing when it's done!
    New Car... Stock Stereo

4. Back To Top    #14
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

I will, once it's done. Not sure when that will be... was hoping for this coming weekend, but I don't know.