Page 98 of 150 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #971

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

A bit sobering ain't it. One of the worst wars the world has seen and it took almost 20 years to kill that many. This virus killed more in less than a couple months.

2. Back To Top    #972

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I just saw a news story today that YouTube is removing videos, even from actual doctors, if they're views and facts "conflict" with the "official" government views about COVID-19, social distancing, herd immunity, etc...

Absolutely ridiculous. Now services like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc - are deciding what news we should and shouldn't see. Of course, we all know that these services are all left-leaning, so...
    https://www.turnto23.com/news/corona...n-from-youtube
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #973

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #974

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    ... they're views and facts "conflict" with the "official" government views about COVID-19, are deciding what news we should and shouldn't see..
    If Biden were to win ?
    In September
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...sts-september/
    Last edited by mlekk; 04-29-2020 at 11:01 AM.

5. Back To Top    #975

Just got back from the grocery. No raids on meat yet. Actually the meat section looks way better than it did 6 weeks ago. Still NO paper products on the shelves. Nothing. I did see a couple ladies stuffing a car with nothing but TP and PTs last time I was there, so the paper hording continues, SMH.

6. Back To Top    #976

7. Back To Top    #977

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Just got back from the grocery. No raids on meat yet. Actually the meat section looks way better than it did 6 weeks ago. Still NO paper products on the shelves. Nothing. I did see a couple ladies stuffing a car with nothing but TP and PTs last time I was there, so the paper hording continues, SMH.
    Yeah, finding meat might be easier or less stressful than TP as we have many types of meats/cuts and also alternatives (frozen, canned or boxed types). Also some food/take-out from restaurants or fast food places.... something will work for everyone. The neighborhood grocery store here put a limit 2 fresh meat packages. I saw some spots go empty at Superwalmart but also saw it replenished quickly (not an emergency situation). Normally I tell relatives/friends if we walk past and see the fresh meat we want, just buy an extra one first. Also can't hoard because these will go bad eventually.

Ok get ready for more fireworks in the market. Some may go totally out of control. Google's report was fair/good and brought the market up. Mastercard was fair/good too. Later this afternoon we'll have some high profile ones... ebay, facebook, microsoft and tesla. Tomorrow we'll have mcdonalds, twitter, amazon, apple, visa etc. I can't do anything... account got locked down, cannot bail out and just awaiting transfer to another broker. I picked a wrong week to switch brokers but that's ok.

Those travel and cruise stuff (Carnival and Norwegian) and some plane/airlines are good too in the past few days because of US opening up, but all these ships and planes are really still grounded (a relief situation for the moment). They said flights might take a long time to be abundant but it might work faster when disneyland and other tourist places re-opens and families or groups can fly there (if they actually still want to travel far at all lol). Also will have to use hotels for these trips. Business people ... i think maybe some will just use video conference or emails from now on.

8. Back To Top    #978

Yeah, I gotta say I'm shocked by the bounce considering all the lost revenue over the last couple months. I'll take some good news!

9. Back To Top    #979

Lots of people dumping/bailing out of ebay all day today. Might be interesting to hear their report in the next few hours.

10. Back To Top    #980

Microsoft beat and beat. I just added 25% more yesterday lol. Lets wait to hear how bad/good the outlook.
    Facebook small beat and beat. The afterhours market very/ultra damn happy already.