Page 90 of 150 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #891

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    "That particular individual" LOL. Classy! "Butthurt" is the kid who enjoys stirring the pot and calling all the other kids names, and then takes his toys and goes home because a few of those kids "don't play nice."
    Like my Idiocracy reference?

And I'm not going anywhere. And I didn't call any of you any names.

2. Back To Top    #892
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Trump campaign ad slams Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.facebook.com/officialben...4736821382776/
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

3. Back To Top    #893

Looks like we're getting ready to start opening things here in Colorado again. It's a curious lot of businesses though - child care, barber shops, tattoo parlors, and dentist offices first.

Dental care I get - it's kinda necessary although uncomfortably intimate. But tattoo parlors? I think I'd save that one for last. Same with barber shops/hair salons - haircuts are nice but all things considered they're far from necessary. Also get the need for childcare, but that will probably cause a new wave of infections as kids are germ factories.

Retailers are getting to open again, but at first only with curbside pickup. Can't go in and shop. You can get a tattoo, which is terribly critical to sustaining society, but you'll have to pick out those pants online.

Denver golf courses just opened back up. The ones out by me never closed although I imagine tee times were tough to get with so many off work.

Small ma & pa type joints with limited traffic have been curiously left out of this first round of businesses to reopen. I've heard that movie theaters will be high on the priority list.

We get regular updates about our business from upper management...got one yesterday. We will continue working from home for the foreseeable future no matter what .gov decides although my team is still working on a 2-week rotation as we have equipment on premises that has to be touched. We were assured again yesterday that the company is actually growing through this and at a nice clip and that no job losses have happened nor are any planned (aside from a few folks who took to social media to ditch on management - they are gone). For that I feel fortunate. Still nervous, but good for now.

4. Back To Top    #894

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Looks like we're getting ready to start opening things here in Colorado again. It's a curious lot of businesses though - child care, barber shops, tattoo parlors, and dentist offices first.

Dental care I get - it's kinda necessary although uncomfortably intimate. But tattoo parlors? I think I'd save that one for last. Same with barber shops/hair salons - haircuts are nice but all things considered they're far from necessary. Also get the need for childcare, but that will probably cause a new wave of infections as kids are germ factories.

Retailers are getting to open again, but at first only with curbside pickup. Can't go in and shop. You can get a tattoo, which is terribly critical to sustaining society, but you'll have to pick out those pants online.

Denver golf courses just opened back up. The ones out by me never closed although I imagine tee times were tough to get with so many off work.

Small ma & pa type joints with limited traffic have been curiously left out of this first round of businesses to reopen. I've heard that movie theaters will be high on the priority list.

We get regular updates about our business from upper management...got one yesterday. We will continue working from home for the foreseeable future no matter what .gov decides although my team is still working on a 2-week rotation as we have equipment on premises that has to be touched. We were assured again yesterday that the company is actually growing through this and at a nice clip and that no job losses have happened nor are any planned (aside from a few folks who took to social media to ditch on management - they are gone). For that I feel fortunate. Still nervous, but good for now.
    No offense, but those plans sound idiotic... The small ma & pa joints are most in need of opening to survive, and will be the largest casualty of this ridiculous sham.

I am glad you will be able to get out and about, because this lock down was messing with your head... I'll remind you that you did say you were considering voting for Trump.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #895

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    No offense, but those plans sound idiotic... The small ma & pa joints are most in need of opening to survive, and will be the largest casualty of this ridiculous sham.

I am glad you will be able to get out and about, because this lock down was messing with your head... I'll remind you that you did say you were considering voting for Trump.
    No offense taken. I do not make those types of decisions. I would agree - the ma & pas, especially the ones with light traffic, should be at the top of the list. Idiotic indeed. They did get the golf course thing right. Not sure I'd recommend carts just yet - carry or pull if you're asking me, but easy enough to stay apart on the links otherwise.

6. Back To Top    #896

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    Can't really compare it like that though.. all those countries are at a later stage in the spread by at least 3-4 weeks. So you have to take the 73k deaths and compare it to where the US will be in 3 weeks. It will very likely be far above 73k. Have to wait to find out though.

Or you can take the 46k as of today, and compare it to the total in those countries 3 weeks ago. Which was about 26k.
    Our numbers are fabricated, inflated and at best a wild guess... A couple days ago I spent over 2 hours reading on the CDC website, and the instructions for labeling deaths are downright hilarious. From every angle the medical examiners/coroners are being told to try to label a death Covid19, not to mention the financial incentive. Example: they are being told if the test is inconclusive, but they think it might be Covid19, label it as Covid19.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #897

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Like my Idiocracy reference?
    I do. I wish I could say I got it without you having pointed it out.

And I'm not going anywhere.
    Glad to hear it. I won't lie, I do find your posts annoying at times, but I can tell that you're quite an intelligent guy and that, like everyone else here, you really do mean well (as patronizing as that might sound...).

And I didn't call any of you any names.
    With all the dismissive labels flying around (trumpeter, commie, etc.), who knows or really cares who started it, or who are the worst offenders, it is clear that few of us are innocent in that regard (myself included - not innocent, that is).

8. Back To Top    #898

I'm really amazed that people in the US have been so unbelievably compliant at this unprecedented stripping of our civil and constitutional rights. Especially in light of the gov't admitting to lying about all of this. It's not about any virus at all. Sure, Covid-19 exist but in a different reality than what's being presented. It's still about power. The dems threw the kitchen sink at Trump and couldn't do any damage so now they and the entire media are using covid-19 to shut down the economy and try to use that against him come Nov. Just think about it. Some state officials (Cuomo, De Blasio) want their citizens to report neighbors they suspect of not social distancing enough. Seriously that's straight out of the book of Stalin. You can't go to a park. When is the last time you got within 15ft of someone at a park? No going to a beach because we all know we're constantly closer than 6ft to everyone when we go to the beach. And when beaches do open up like in Jacksonville you have to keep walking. No standing still and no laying down to sunbath. Whoever heard of such stupidity. How do you tell someone they can't get married and can't go to church. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that's unconstitutional. I swore an oath to the constitution for 20 years and no one, not even the president can tell you to disobey it. I know, I know some dems don't like the constitution or agree with those legal rights but we can't ignore that they exist and it's what separates us from everywhere else. Or used to I guess. The question is in 3 or 6 months will this erosion of our rights just be forgotten or will there be enough pushback to make sure it never happens again?

9. Back To Top    #899

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    I'm really amazed that people in the US have been so unbelievably compliant at this unprecedented stripping of our civil and constitutional rights. Especially in light of the gov't admitting to lying about all of this. It's not about any virus at all. Sure, Covid-19 exist but in a different reality than what's being presented. It's still about power. The dems threw the kitchen sink at Trump and couldn't do any damage so now they and the entire media are using covid-19 to shut down the economy and try to use that against him come Nov. Just think about it. Some state officials (Cuomo, De Blasio) want their citizens to report neighbors they suspect of not social distancing enough. Seriously that's straight out of the book of Stalin. You can't go to a park. When is the last time you got within 15ft of someone at a park? No going to a beach because we all know we're constantly closer than 6ft to everyone when we go to the beach. And when beaches do open up like in Jacksonville you have to keep walking. No standing still and no laying down to sunbath. Whoever heard of such stupidity. How do you tell someone they can't get married and can't go to church. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that's unconstitutional. I swore an oath to the constitution for 20 years and no one, not even the president can tell you to disobey it. I know, I know some dems don't like the constitution or agree with those legal rights but we can't ignore that they exist and it's what separates us from everywhere else. Or used to I guess. The question is in 3 or 6 months will this erosion of our rights just be forgotten or will there be enough pushback to make sure it never happens again?
    HEAR! HEAR!

10. Back To Top    #900

I hope everything goes well with opening up Colorado