Page 77 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #761

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

JC, the number 6 item (masks) is basically a spit guard (cough/sneeze guard) so that we don't spread it out. It's something to stop it from inside out, and not just outside in. It's like the "Don't litter on the freeway or streets" idea.... it's not just others don't litter but us too lol.... because none of us wants to touch or step on someone else's virus lol. The surgical/flat mask is more comfortable for all day use and so we see people everywhere worldwide using it. The N95 white round type is of course better filtration wise but more difficult to breathe. The green N95 is extremely difficult. The green/round N95 should be for the medical folks that have been trained to breathe or gonna pass out while walking down the streets lol. The other day I was looking to get 6000 + 5000 of the blue or green surgical/flat masks to donate to local health groups but gave up (no luck for this amount).

2. Back To Top    #762

We just bought 5,000 masks from Denver Matress - assuming they're made of mattress scraps. As soon as you put them on, the string breaks off.

3. Back To Top    #763

At the end of the day - here's the thing that pisses me off. I don't need the government to handle my "risk assessment" for me. They don't decide if I should drive my car, or if I should eat red meat, or if I should smoke, or if I should..... They should NOT be deciding if I go out and about. I'm relatively young and healthy. If I want to risk getting sick, that is *my* business. If someone does NOT want to risk it, or they are in a high-risk group (or frequently in contact with those in a high-risk group) - that is fine - STAY HOME!

Most people that get COVID-19 either don't even know it or have very mild symptoms - so why should *EVERYONE* be forced (by the government) to stay home (and/or close their business) because of the small percentage of people that are in the group I mentioned earlier?? Why are we destroying the economy and peoples lives in the process (whos lives would not be destroyed otherwise)?? To a LOT of people (maybe even most people), "the cure is worse than the problem".

I am a grown adult in a free country - I do not need the government to handle my "risk assessment" for me... PERIOD.

4. Back To Top    #764

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    At the end of the day - here's the thing that pisses me off. I don't need the government to handle my "risk assessment" for me. They don't decide if I should drive my car, or if I should eat red meat, or if I should smoke, or if I should..... They should NOT be deciding if I go out and about. I'm relatively young and healthy. If I want to risk getting sick, that is *my* business. If someone does NOT want to risk it, or they are in a high-risk group (or frequently in contact with those in a high-risk group) - that is fine - STAY HOME!

Most people that get COVID-19 either don't even know it or have very mild symptoms - so why should *EVERYONE* be forced (by the government) to stay home (and/or close their business) because of the small percentage of people that are in the group I mentioned earlier?? Why are we destroying the economy and peoples lives in the process (whos lives would not be destroyed otherwise)?? To a LOT of people (maybe even most people), "the cure is worse than the problem".

I am a grown adult in a free country - I do not need the government to handle my "risk assessment" for me... PERIOD.
    It's getting to that point for everyone. If you're at risk, stay isolated. The rest of us need to get back to work. If this goes on for another few months, people are going to be dying for other, far more morbid reasons. And irreversible damage sets in.

5. Back To Top    #765

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I'm skeptical of sketchy conspiracy theories more than I am stats given from medical professionals. Show us these guidelines...and not in some YouTube opinion video.
    We have posted a number of videos from top medical professionals and you wrote them off... Starting with Knut Wittkowski (the German professor).
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #766

Exactly. I have not worn a mask yet, and I will not wear one under any circumstances, the government can NOT tell me what to wear. The government can NOT tell me when to close or open MY business. The government can NOT tell us in what size groups we are aloud to or not aloud to meet. Etc, etc, etc.
    For those who believe the government has the right to do those things, that's their choice, but I do pity them...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #767

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    We have posted a number of videos from top medical professionals and you wrote them off... Starting with Knut Wittkowski (the German professor).
    And I will continue to write them off. Show me documents, evidence, proof, like Grinder did. That I can work with.

8. Back To Top    #768

Sadly, I believe the answer to those questions, is that it ultimately has nothing to do with a virus and has everything to do with things are much more devastating and deadly in the long run...

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #769

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    And I will continue to write them off. Show me documents, evidence, proof, like Grinder did. That I can work with.
    So the opinions of a 30 year epidemiologist doesn't at least hold a little bit of water to you? You must have some incredible credentials to know more than him...

But yet you are comfortable taking a career political-immunologist-puppet's words as absolute truth? I think part of the problem here is that our stance on COVID has become very political, too, and we are choosing to believe what our party says we should believe... Do you think that is a possibility?
    Last edited by DavidRam; 04-18-2020 at 05:36 PM.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #770

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Sadly, I believe the answer to those questions, is that it ultimately has nothing to do with a virus and has everything to do with things are much more devastating and deadly in the long run...
    Whether it's the planet, bugs, food, governments, rogue terrorists, etc. Population control is going to happen. We may have already seen the peak of human population numbers.