Page 7 of 150 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
    Ok...Gotcha. I blame the Chinese. Wait, what did that accomplish again???
    Well at least you're not blaming Trump

2. Back To Top    #62

I work in IT for a Fortune 100 company and we're knee deep in figuring out how to shut down our buildings but stay operational. We've been stress testing the VPN, beefing up the videoconferencing back end & trying to figure out who's going to be considered essential. We've cancelled all of our large events & even smaller meetings for the foreseeable future. I can only assume other large companies are doing the same. If this thing doesn't slow down, this is only the beginning.

3. Back To Top    #63

Trump's giving a speech at 9 pm ET (6 pm PT) tonight about the virus and economy. Look for it to see what's up...

4. Back To Top    #64

Covid-19 is more contagious and has a higher fatality rate than the flu. Most will be elderly and the majority of infected will have no problems. A normal immune system will take care of it like the common cold. The Chinese brought this shit on the world. If there was ever a reason to try to not buy products made in China the time is now and from now on. It will be interesting to see what companies do going forward that make their products in China. How many hundreds of billions or trillions have been lost because of this nonsense?

5. Back To Top    #65

Good speech. However all the newswires only want to report the 1 month ban on euro travelers to here (excluding UK) because he said the unrestricted Euro people brought it here. So the US futures is crashing now.
    (Getting ready to lose another new car 5 seconds after the market opens tomorrow.)

6. Back To Top    #66

Everything else he said was good/great. The news only wants to report the items to make him look bad. Best wishes everyone!

7. Back To Top    #67
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by diy.phil View Post
    Everything else he said was good/great. The news only wants to report the items to make him look bad. Best wishes everyone!
    Absolutely right. THIS is going to be the most reported aspect of Trump's legacy as President in the decades to come, and the news media and the opposition is determined to lay every single infected individual at Trump's feet. I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that is absolutely ridiculous partisan politics that is nothing but Trump Derangement Syndrome.

This shit gonna get BAD. NBA suspended their season, NCAA has called off all fans from March Madness (I think they'll eventually just cancel the whole tournament), flights from Europe are grounded (starting in 2 days???? WTF???), I would bet before this is over there will be a dramatic reduction in domestic flights.

Lots and lots of businesses are going to end up going bankrupt over this thing... all because stupid fucking people can't learn to wash their hands.

8. Back To Top    #68
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    Well at least you're not blaming Trump
    I don’t blame him for the virus, but I do blame him for the misinformation he gave about it. At one point he said it was a hoax. At another point he said it was 100% contained. At another he said there were 15 cases, but that number would soon be zero.

9. Back To Top    #69
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    At one point he said it was a hoax.
    He never said the virus was a hoax, he said the media's biased coverage was another hoax, just like the impeachment.

One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

10. Back To Top    #70

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    I don’t blame him for the virus, but I do blame him for the misinformation he gave about it. At one point he said it was a hoax. At another point he said it was 100% contained. At another he said there were 15 cases, but that number would soon be zero.
    Stop lying! You sound just like the extremist politicians looking to blame Trump for everything. He never said it was a hoax. And the 15 people that had it at that time were all recovering and had mild symptoms. You should run for some democratic gov't office because you sound just like them. And who gives a shit what he says about it. He should just say I have more important things to worry about.