Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #471

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

$2.15/gal in south-central Vermont yesterday.

2. Back To Top    #472

Oh yah... big drop recently!

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/gasoline...llon-covid-19/

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/gas-price-drops-march-2020/

That Partrick DeHaan is a famous gas prices analyst (somewhat a celebrity too... all the networks/news people like to interview him). We can install the Gas Buddy app too to check nearby gas prices/stations.

3. Back To Top    #473

Heh, I haven't bought gas in at least a month.

4. Back To Top    #474

Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – A train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles is facing federal charges for allegedly sending a locomotive off the train tracks at high speed, aimed at the USNS Mercy, which he suspected is tied to a government plot, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro, was handed over to FBI agents Wednesday and charged with one count of train wrecking in Tuesday’s derailment, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles.

Moreno admitted in two separate interviews that he purposefully ran the train off the end of its tracks at full speed near the hospital ship, officials said.He allegedly told investigators he believed the ship — which docked at the port last week to relieve strain on area hospitals during the coronavirus outbreak — had a secret purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover.Moreno said he wanted to “wake people up” and hoped the derailment would get media attention so “people could see for themselves,” according to prosecutors.

The 1,000 bed ship became the largest hospital in L.A. when it docked last Friday. On Sunday it began boarding non-coronavirus patients, to free up space at other area hospitals.

Firefighters responded around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday to the port, where the train came to rest about 250 yards from the Mercy after crashing through a series of barriers. No injuries were reported, but it did trigger a fuel spill that prompted a hazardous materials cleanup.

Moreno tried to flee the scene but was detained by a California Highway Patrol officer who witnessed the incident, officials said. The officer reported seeing the train smash through a concrete barrier, steel barrier and chain-link fence before sliding across a parking lot and lot filled with gravel, coming to rest against another chain-link fence.The officer told investigators that when he spoke with Moreno, the suspect said things like, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

Moreno was later turned over to the L.A. Port Police, who interviewed the engineer and searched his residence.Video recovered from inside the train’s cab allegedly shows Moreno holding a lighted flare, as well as the train nearly careening into three occupied vehicles as it crashed.Moreno told authorities that he acted alone and hadn’t plotted the move ahead of time, officials said.The engineer is scheduled to make his first appearance in court Wednesday afternoon.If convicted as charged, he could face up to 20 years in federal prison.The FBI and L.A. Port Police are continuing to investigate.

5. Back To Top    #475
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Heh, I haven't bought gas in at least a month.
    Heh, I have a long black object hooked to my truck right now that drops my gas mileage down to about 14mpg if I'm lucky (probably more like 12mpg normally). Luckily I only live about 10 mins from the lake I fish. HEMI doesn't act like it gives a damn but sure does drink the gas when towing. Wishing I had the 3.92 gears in this truck that my previous Ram had because once that truck hit overdrive it never shifted. The one I have now with the 3.21 gears "hunts" more and kinda a pig with the 6 speed trans (last one had the 5 speed).
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #476

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...us-end/608719/

Imperial College of London rates America's health security index highest in world
    83.5%

7. Back To Top    #477
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Did you read the rest of the article?

8. Back To Top    #478

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    Did you read the rest of the article?
    The Atlantic is just another left wing publisher. They were big supporters of Hillary Clinton and wanted President Trump to be impeached. That article while listing some facts for sure was mostly written to criticize Trump and the country. The writer criticized Trump and our gov't agencies many times and also said China was not to blame for this virus. Just another hack piece of garbage

9. Back To Top    #479

Too soon?
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #480

"China-Backed Bloomberg Finally Admits to Beijngs' Coronavirus Coverup"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM-GRgLJPrE

"Sellouts finally bite the hand that feeds them their talking points:"

http://archive.vn/xXvhW