Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

^Sure, but we have vaccines and antibodies to most of the above. Honestly, I'm not realy worried about it for me personally and infected patients are in my backyard. The issues is it will hit the elderly especially hard and those with compromised immune systems (similar to influenza, just without a vaccine, Tamiflu, etc.).

2. Back To Top    #32

President is giving a speech about the coronavirus now, about to start, actually running late. The other day the market crashed the next day/morning after his speech. Let's see if better this time. We can catch the live speech on the USA Today website or on TV.
    (Futures at +1.25, +1.11, +1.29 now before speech.)

3. Back To Top    #33

The press conference just ended. I think it went very well. It sounded very inclusive the work the healthcare people are doing (plus all parties and different countries too). It has a sense of control which is comforting. They had the various leaders and experts (half a dozen combined) answering all the questions.
    (Market will be fine, and the president said it will take care of itself.)

4. Back To Top    #34

Futures was down yesterday/today and now back to positive (following the markets in Asia). Might be a positive day tomorrow. Just the latest Seattle area news today is not good and investors will still be on the edge. Best wishes!

5. Back To Top    #35

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    The Corona virus is a public health issue, and as such, should transcend politics. This used to be second nature to Americans. If we can't put aside our tribal political thinking in the face of possible crisis, then we are destined for balkinization.
    We have reached the point of no return in regards to political partisanship in this country. Not sure who is to blame more. The republicans started it with their opposition to Clinton (Bill). The dems vowed revenge. It just took them 20 years and they have ramped up the hate 10 fold. Sadly, there's no going back once you cross the threshold with politics

As for the coronavirus, I wonder why the media isn't giving more credence to the theory of it originating from the level 4 bio lab in Wuhan? That lab has coronavirus AND it's funny how as soon as the Chinese leadership announced the virus originated in Wuhan the Chinese president and medical director started announcing stricter measures for protecting contagions in their laboratories. I know most of our politicians don't want to start any conspiracy theories with this as there would be all kinds of shitstorm consequences but there are several experts and a few others that are saying the actions and words of the Chinese leadership point to proof that it was from the Wuhan bio lab. No one still at this point can confirm how this latest coronavirus originated except that it came from Wuhan. Seems like an incredible coincidence to me that it came from the same city that has the level 4 lab. Another prime example to me why companies should not do business in China. They have already given the world a coronavirus epidemic before (SARS) and now another regardless of how the public became infected. Ultimately I guess these companies will profit more from doing business there than the temporary setbacks cost them. What happens when the Chinese release something truly diabolical from the lab in the future though? It's going to happen one day. Our medical experts always talk about how the Chinese have woeful containment procedures. So many bad things about China.

6. Back To Top    #36

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    We have reached the point of no return in regards to political partisanship in this country. .... Sadly, there's no going back once you cross the threshold with politics ....

7. Back To Top    #37

Beautiful market day!! Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel.
    Somebody said to buy about half an hour after opening bell and I just followed lol.

8. Back To Top    #38

Dow jumps 1,290 points in biggest-ever point gain

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/s...003013975.html
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #39

Yeah sometimes it's easy, sometimes very difficult/painful. We go from worst day to best day in no time. Ok this should be my last post on this. I have a somebody from a Las Vegas purse store that started texting us pictures/info for the boss asking to pick something and this will go on all night. Also i should quit talking because it's really just going to crash soon.

For now, the US futures is moderate/good indicating a fine day tomorrow. The markets everywhere in Asia is very happy now, following the US market earlier today. Everyone there up +1% to around +5%. That +5% happens to be an iphone parts supplier (plastic/optical lens for camera section). Not sure why they're so happy, but that's ok.... we'll follow along and we all use the iphone as a barometer for consumer confidence and market sentiment even if the factory is missing some workers lol. That factory is also up quite a bit at +3% (very nice day for them too). If all their markets don't crash later in their day there, the US market may be ok/positive tomorrow. Best wishes!

10. Back To Top    #40

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Popular Science puts it into perspective
    https://www.popsci.com/story/health/...Nn6Roj-MpvCGMg
    the mortality rate of flu is ten times less than corona, and being as there is no treatment as such for it you’re playing Russian roulette, basically unless it’s spread is stemmed it’s potential to kill is ten times that of the flu, (people saying flu killed more people last year need to see how fast flu travels, and when it does how does it spread in terms of speed and infection rate, that’s why corona is a little more worrying, look how quick it’s got from China to various places around the world) it’s not really something to be laughed off, and it’s infection rate is very high when compared to things we actually have vaccines for (see the higher transmission stuff above) so unless we go a bit ott about it now it’s potential is ridiculous to kill lots of people in reality, so I don’t mind a bit of reporting about it as long as it’s factual and not literal scare mongering and bull