Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    It should transcend politics but this is really no different than with the response to ebola other than the side making it into a political issue is different.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factch...z&ocid=U218DHP

While I could argue the difference, I won't...

If it was wrong then, it's wrong now and you are perpetuating it.

2. Back To Top    #22

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    While I could argue the difference, I won't...
    I'm sure with the proper amount of mental gymnastics we could make it sound like there's a difference between last time and this time.
    If it was wrong then, it's wrong now and you are perpetuating it.
    It was wrong then, it's wrong this time and it will be wrong the next time. I'm just pointing out that this isn't the first time this kind of stupidity has happened.

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    I heard some poll results this morning on the radio, "35% of Trump Supporters (those polled, of course) would not buy Corona beer under any circumstances because of the Corona virus." Those are some seriously stupid people.
    I fixed it for ya.......lol
    Sorry, I couldn't help it.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    It was wrong then, it's wrong this time and it will be wrong the next time. I'm just pointing out that this isn't the first time this kind of stupidity has happened.

And I'm just pointing out there doesn't have to be a next time. The people in DC live in a bubble. IME, they are WAAAY off what the rest of the country thinks. We disagree on much and that's ok. But in the end we're still Americans. Our strength is in our resolve to come together and fix things. We, as individuals, can start the process. I've made my decision and I implore you (and all others reading here) to join me. Interjecting politics into this issue is counter-productive. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

/soapbox

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
    I fixed it for ya.......lol
    Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    I'll allow it, just this one time.

6. Back To Top    #26

Any market predictions from the peanut gallery?

I think I saw signs of seller fatigue today. A brave me would make some light purchases Monday. A braver me will have to wait 'till next December

7. Back To Top    #27

Unpacking the origins, history and spread of China's Coronavirus epidemic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeduTpQNRUc

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Any market predictions from the peanut gallery?

I think I saw signs of seller fatigue today. A brave me would make some light purchases Monday. A braver me will have to wait 'till next December

Definitely from the peanut gallery...(look up the origin of that, if you aren't familiar)

The fundamentals of the economy are unchanged. The FED signaling rate cut stemmed bleeding today. Future depends on how Covid 19 progresses. If we keep it fairly well contained and it's seasonal, markets should rebound by late spring.

9. Back To Top    #29

Yeah, a terrible week. Got a little better today after the feds said they'll use some financial tools to help it. Hope it's some great tools (infusion or rate change) and not a plain solar calculator type of tool.

Before buying, I would check if that company has already recently announced they will not meet the quarterly numbers (everyone won't meet other than health accessories/parts or related pharmaceutical companies). Otherwise when the company later does announce it, that's their turn for another -4% to -8% (big down after announcement, happened to several of my favorites, one after another).

If there's no big bad news this weekend I might buy some too on Monday. However it's difficult to find good news or at least not have so many scary bad news lately. More people thinking it's going to be a lame year.

Standard disclaimer: not licensed to provide any financial advice... on your own. Our group used various methods this past week... dumped all, dump some or sat tight (no conclusive direction). We all also know money is not important, but the lives and health of the people overseas and locally is more important. We also know some supply chains got shot already, and some additional problems are under reported or not always reported (will affect stock direction).

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Popular Science puts it into perspective
    https://www.popsci.com/story/health/...Nn6Roj-MpvCGMg