Page 27 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #261

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    That isn't true. Steps were taken to mitigate the spread here. You could argue they were not effective enough, but not denied.
    It is true and it's easy enough to find plenty of instances of it, but I'm trying to keep political figures out of the discussion - folks get too emotional and irrational about that stuff.

2. Back To Top    #262
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Our government bought us time with travel bans from first china, then eu. This is why we don't look like italy now. They have cut red tape for medical devices and expedited drug trials. Have there been mistakes and erroneous statements, of course there have. There is no script for this. Much is not known and info changes.

Why do the chinese steal our ip? It's because we are the most innovative people on earth. When there's a problem, who does the world look to for help? They come knocking on our door, because we get shit done. I don't know how this will all turn out, but our government has given us the best chance to survive this. We have the best people anywhere, extremely motivated to fix this. All we can do now is wait, hope and pray.

3. Back To Top    #263

K, but our government denied that this was an issue early on and sustained that message for far too long. I'd suspect that was done to delay and mitigate panic.

I think our governments are getting a lot right here, but the highest levels of our government brushed this off for too long.

4. Back To Top    #264
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I never heard denials. I did hear the average american was at low risk, which was true. Even now, only about 1 in 20k have it (I'm aware it's likely to get worse) and less than 1 death in a million.

5. Back To Top    #265
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Seems like it would make a whole lot more sense to simply quarantine those at higher risk, than to shut everything down.
    Bingo, smart man right here.

If we did this and let everyone else go about their normal business then the virus would run its natural course and be over with much faster than trying to slow it down by isolating everyone instead and sabotaging our economy. If you look at the statistics coming back from China where the virus has run its course, you will see that they are over the worst part now and you will see that more than 80% of those people have fully recovered. The 4% death rate (which isn’t out of line with any other virus like this) includes mostly all people who are over 80 years old and or in poor health to begin with. Most of the people in China still getting this virus are only experiencing mild cold like symptoms and recovering like if it were a common cold. Italy on the other hand has the second oldest population in the world, they are all smokers, they have socialized healthcare, and again most of the people who have passed away due to this virus are over 80 years old and or in poor health. Italy is not a good example to use for the US.

It shouldn’t be long before America will realize that they over reacted to this. I’ll give it two more weeks and Americans will get tired of being isolated and just accept the fact that this virus is just another fact of life they can do little about and start going out there and living again. Now if the media would stop sensationalizing this, it might even happen quicker than this.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #266

Stay out of hospitals
    Is China getting sued ?

7. Back To Top    #267

Quote Originally Posted by mlekk View Post
    Stay out of hospitals
    Is China getting sued ?
    I believe there is a treaty that prevents that but even if people or companies can, China would never have to pay anyway. So it's pointless.

8. Back To Top    #268

Sales were good in my store today...

What I'm doing is keeping the doors locked, but as soon as someone's at the door we open and let them in. Kinda like a secret society. Lol

As long as they don't try to shut me down with force (cops), I'll continue this. When they do, I'll continue with web sales and phone orders.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #269

I wouldn't be surprised by increased police patrols, citations and padlocks on doors for non-compliance.

Fuck the government if they think they can tell us to shut down our businesses, with no plan or provision for loosing our livelihood overnight.

I am far more concerned about my employees than myself...I have guaranteed them all an income (that they can live comfortably with) for the next month, REGARDLESS if the company is open for business or closed. If this bullshit is extended another month, I will extended their pay another month.

I hope that people will grow some balls and stop freaking the fuck out, asap.
    Last edited by DavidRam; 03-22-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #270

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Sales were good in my store today...

What I'm doing is keeping the doors locked, but as soon as someone's at the door we open and let them in. Kinda like a secret society. Lol

As long as they don't try to shut me down with force (cops), I'll continue this. When they do, I'll continue with web sales and phone orders.
    I'm curious what the law is there in CA. Are you supposed to be closed completely or are you allowed a certain number of people in at one time? If you are mandated to be closed full stop do people realize that is gov't tyranny at the worst