Page 26 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #251

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Seems like it would make a whole lot more sense to simply quarantine those at higher risk, than to shut everything down.
    Makes more sense than any of the other solutions I've seen implemented or suggested.

2. Back To Top    #252
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I can't actually. What a strange thought.

I have noticed that there are some noisy individuals who keep suggesting that should be happening, but I don't get that line of thought. If they had done this intentionally - sure. But I've seen no evidence of that.

You folks that constantly dis China seem to be forgetting that they're the ones who enable the standard of living we enjoy today. Err, or used to enjoy a couple weeks ago. They make almost everything we buy in the stores and deliver it far more cheaply than we could produce ourselves or buy from our other trading partners. We could certainly get by without China but we'd see our standards of living change dramatically.
    We don't know how this started, so I assign no blame for that. However, they did intentionally deny the problem for weeks, compounding the outbreak. I hold no anger towards the chinese, but I am clear eyed. They are not our friends and cannot be trusted to do the right things. Look at your 401k, then look at your $500 tv...

3. Back To Top    #253
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Not sure what other states are doing to help people cope with the forced reduced contact with other humans and unemployment but here in Arkansas while parks are getting shut down game and fish has waived the need for a fishing license and is encouraging people to go fishing since it's Spring and fishing is about to get good again here. What better way to stay isolated than to be outside either fishing from the bank or better yet out on the lake in a boat? My boat is in the water on average twice a week this time of year and glad our state govt is smart enough to realize that the house isn't the only place you can be "quarantined" from the general public. I don't think the state park just a couple minutes from me has shut down yet according to the news this morning so still have access to that trail system for now. All that said if anyone is gonna get this virus it's me because I work in a very germ infested environment. We are getting $300 bonus from the company for working in such a high risk environment so better than nothing. Plus extra people being hired to deal with the increased business that we can't keep up with.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #254

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    However, they did intentionally deny the problem for weeks, compounding the outbreak.
    We did the same thing

5. Back To Top    #255
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Also people, PLEASE wash your hands and badger everyone around you to do so as well. This IS NOT the time to be lazy with keeping yourself clean because you're doing it more for those around you than you are yourselfAlso don't go grocery shopping while having a panic attack. I seriously doubt the food and more importantly the toilet paper supply is gonna suddenly end. I guarantee more people than we care to think about have bought enough tp to last until this time next year over the past couple weeks. Either that or they need to up their fiber intake! I'm seeing first-hand the effects of the masses being in full prepper mode that's well beyond what's actually needed but it's not my place to judge so only opinion.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #256

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Not sure what other states are doing to help people cope with the forced reduced contact with other humans and unemployment but here in Arkansas while parks are getting shut down game and fish has waived the need for a fishing license and is encouraging people to go fishing since it's Spring and fishing is about to get good again here. What better way to stay isolated than to be outside either fishing from the bank or better yet out on the lake in a boat? My boat is in the water on average twice a week this time of year and glad our state govt is smart enough to realize that the house isn't the only place you can be "quarantined" from the general public. I don't think the state park just a couple minutes from me has shut down yet according to the news this morning so still have access to that trail system for now. All that said if anyone is gonna get this virus it's me because I work in a very germ infested environment. We are getting $300 bonus from the company for working in such a high risk environment so better than nothing. Plus extra people being hired to deal with the increased business that we can't keep up with.
    Yeah buddy, once all this snow melts, hopefully tomorrow, Ima go get a line wet

7. Back To Top    #257
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

We did the same thing
    That isn't true. Steps were taken to mitigate the spread here. You could argue they were not effective enough, but not denied.

8. Back To Top    #258

Yeah buddy, once all this snow melts, hopefully tomorrow, Ima go get a line wet
    Fishing during this outbreak....the audacity

9. Back To Top    #259

I can't actually. What a strange thought.

I have noticed that there are some noisy individuals who keep suggesting that should be happening, but I don't get that line of thought. If they had done this intentionally - sure. But I've seen no evidence of that.

You folks that constantly dis China seem to be forgetting that they're the ones who enable the standard of living we enjoy today. Err, or used to enjoy a couple weeks ago. They make almost everything we buy in the stores and deliver it far more cheaply than we could produce ourselves or buy from our other trading partners. We could certainly get by without China but we'd see our standards of living change dramatically.
    I am not dising China, nor do I hate them... There have been reports of assaults on people perceived to be Chinese, here in California. I just wonder how people feel in general, especially in places like Italy.

Our standard of living was better before we sent all our mfging to China, imho...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #260

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post

Our standard of living was better before we sent all our mfging to China, imho...
    I don't entirely disagree, but I don't think most are willing to give up Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. I don't think they'd be okay paying many times more for the same stuff - if they can get it at all.