Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Doug Dobson
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Jeep JK, 2005 VW Touareg, 2012 Kia Optima SX, 1992 Jeep YJ, 1999 Silverado, 1992

Re: Coronavirus fears hammer markets - how far will it go?

All I know is that I'm just about ready to jump back into the market. I just sold several houses and I have cash that wants to grow!

I think we have a bit more of a slide, and growth won't be super fast at first, but by summer we will be strong as can be.
    Doug Dobson

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by dobslob View Post
    All I know is that I'm just about ready to jump back into the market. I just sold several houses and I have cash that wants to grow!

I think we have a bit more of a slide, and growth won't be super fast at first, but by summer we will be strong as can be.
    Yep, buy low, sell high.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    Probably because someone will inevitably blame Trump for it, the Democrats already are.
    I heard some poll results this morning on the radio, "35% of Americans (those polled, of course) would not buy Corona beer under any circumstances because of the Corona virus." Those are some seriously stupid people.
    The Corona virus is a public health issue, and as such, should transcend politics. This used to be second nature to Americans. If we can't put aside our tribal political thinking in the face of possible crisis, then we are destined for balkinization.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    The Corona virus is a public health issue, and as such, should transcend politics. This used to be second nature to Americans. If we can't put aside our tribal political thinking in the face of possible crisis, then we are destined for balkinization.
    I really don't think political thinking is gonna be our undoing, it'll be the unbelievable stupidity being practiced in every aspect of life these days. Corona virus won't be any more of a problem than the flu or pneumonia.

5. Back To Top    #15

Some clarification on that poll, 4% of Corona drinkers would not buy Corona again because of the Corona virus, apparently a PR agency skewed the reporting.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/607240/

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    True. I'll add to that. The Chinese ate some bats and started a virus that killed a few thousand people. Americans eat terrible food everyday that leads to over half a million deaths per year (deaths stemming from diseases related to poor diet). Why is this not in the news?
    Funny you say that. I had a pretty funny discussion with a buddy the other day about possible origins of the virus. It started out like - some dude was driving down the road with his window down, someone coming in the other direction ran over an armadillo & just the right proportion of bodily fluids mixed with his Nuka-Cola at just the right temperature and voila. It only devolved from there.

On the other thing, I read a few stories just in the last couple days about how Americans are more obese than ever - likely largely due to diet.

IMO this is certainly a newsworthy topic. It's shutting down and/or hindering segments of the economy. As we exist in a global marketplace, ignoring it would be reckless. Supply chains are being upset. Tourism is suffering. People are dying. It's something we know little about so far and seem to be unprepared for it. Not addressing it would be irresponsible.

7. Back To Top    #17

Why is this in Politics sub forum?
    With items of such magnitude, it's going to be up to governments to handle the response.

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by dobslob View Post

There will definitely be some buying opportunities on the other side of this

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    Probably because someone will inevitably blame Trump for it, the Democrats already are.
    Of course it's Trump's fault. Every time the market goes up you guys give all the credit to Trump so it stands to reason that he deserves the credit if it goes down as well.

10. Back To Top    #20

It should transcend politics but this is really no different than with the response to ebola other than the side making it into a political issue is different.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factch...z&ocid=U218DHP