Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Accuton automotive speakers

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: New Accuton automotive speakers

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    I believe the baskets of the car stuff are individually cnc’d per driver from billet, as are the grills that have magnetic fasteners inbuilt to snap onto the screw heads holding the driver in, for example the two spoke basket for the midbass (that I’ve never seen before on another driver) is a thing of beauty and has lots of incredibly small details I’ve noticed just in photos on the internet, I will doubtless see them up close and personal at the euros in a few weeks, I’ll take lots of pics for good measure and post them in this thread, I guess it’s the same as a handmade Rolls Royce vs a mondeo, and as the price also makes these out of reach or needs list for most it’s kind of a very niche thing that will only sell incredibly low numbers hence the price being so high I guess... can’t help but think they’d sell more if the price was lower... but then does the product lose its prestige, rare status that people will pay for? It’s a very hard market to price for... we shall see in a few years I guess
    They are also most likely using adhesives and coatings that are better for automotive use. I have heard of a few guys having issues with their home version accuton drivers not lasting in the car due to temperature swings and/or sunlight

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    It's pretty crazy money. But isn't this close to what Focal charges for their top level stuff?
    The utopia m 3 way with 6.5, 3.5, and tweeter retails for under 4500. under 4900 if you swap the 6.5 to the 8. Then theres the Ultima line though, but those are more of a status symbol than anything and ive only seen one pair ever installed in the US and it was in an ORCA demo vehicle. Those are 15k for a two way front set plus a pair of subs.

3. Back To Top    #23

They now have a website. Doesn't really tell us much we don't already know although its a nice website. I don't know that you can really get your hands on them on a regular basis yet. If I was in the market I guess I would contact Peter at PSSounds.

https://accuton-automotive.com/en-home/products

4. Back To Top    #24

I'll have them install in my car within this month. Will share when i have pics