Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Accuton automotive speakers

1. Back To Top    #1

New Accuton automotive speakers

Drool !!
    Haven't heard Accuton but they certainly have a stellar reputation. Peter at PSSound has some Arcos tweeters in his personal car that were based on some home Accuton drivers and even over the Youtube they sounded amazing. I don't know how that's possible but they do, check out his feed and find his video with the Arcos demo. I'm too lazy to track it down for you.

here is the his unboxing video of the new Accutons. 2k Euro for the tweeters, 2k euro for the mids and 2.5k Euro for the woofs. I will only be enjoying these from afar I guess !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HA8VCsECfE

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Re: New Accuton automotive speakers

I just finished watching Peter's video, but hadn't seen the price tag yet. $9400 Canadian......wow! Still they are beautiful and I'm sure they sound incredible too. Crazy!

3. Back To Top    #3

All right here is the other video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtjUyTh_lA

Like all of Peter's videos its longer than necessary so skip as you wish but even through you tube I swear it sounds amazing. And I've listened to other demos where i"m like "yeah like I can tell anything about SQ over a computer sound system and the internet"

4. Back To Top    #4

I can confirm the arcos in peters car are some of the cleanest, most dynamic tweeters I’ve ever heard, and I think he will be swapping around to the automotive drivers after the euro finals due to time constraints last time i was chatting with him, but you never know as he is a bit bonkers in a good way... he has had his hands full with the insignia build, which ironically will be against him at the euro finals I think

5. Back To Top    #5

I actually laughed when I saw the price.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I bet someone here in the states will be competing with the Accuton car audio drivers. Anyone who can afford to spend that on car speakers more power to them.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh, I'm sure of it. Accuton makes excellent stuff. But those prices are roughly 2x the home audio equivalent prices. I expected a markup but not a 100% + markup. I'm not saying they're not worth it. I'm just saying it's much more than I expected.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I think Peter said that a set of the diamond tweets are worth more then the entire ceramic 3way set. Yikes.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical when audio gear prices start going off the rails. We have electron microscopes that can view molecules and telescopes that can tell us about galaxies thousands of light years away, but we can't accurately measure a speaker such to find what makes it sound better ?
    In fact guys like Erin who test these things reinforce my view that once you are spending more than $1k for a driver you're paying for something more than how it sounds.

Still - they look good and as discussed, we know they sound good and they also have a cool brand name so like dumdum says, if you can swing it more power to you. The tech helps us all eventually.

I know they've been robust-ized for the auto environment, but I live in a mild climate area, I'd be inclined to just use their home drivers at half the price if I wanted to try them.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Oh, I'm sure of it. Accuton makes excellent stuff. But those prices are roughly 2x the home audio equivalent prices. I expected a markup but not a 100% + markup. I'm not saying they're not worth it. I'm just saying it's much more than I expected.
    I believe the baskets of the car stuff are individually cnc’d per driver from billet, as are the grills that have magnetic fasteners inbuilt to snap onto the screw heads holding the driver in, for example the two spoke basket for the midbass (that I’ve never seen before on another driver) is a thing of beauty and has lots of incredibly small details I’ve noticed just in photos on the internet, I will doubtless see them up close and personal at the euros in a few weeks, I’ll take lots of pics for good measure and post them in this thread, I guess it’s the same as a handmade Rolls Royce vs a mondeo, and as the price also makes these out of reach or needs list for most it’s kind of a very niche thing that will only sell incredibly low numbers hence the price being so high I guess... can’t help but think they’d sell more if the price was lower... but then does the product lose its prestige, rare status that people will pay for? It’s a very hard market to price for... we shall see in a few years I guess