Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black Edition

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black Edition

Just saw this. Glad to see things are moving right along.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Thats where I mounted my fuse holder. Still need to fabricate the bracket. I'm doing mine out if 1/4 ABS.

Thanks for posting the pics!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    Great job, I have a friend in Ontario who is doing the same year truck. Shared this thread.
    I also made a build thread of my 19. There's quite a few pics up if it'll help too.

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Yeah they are definitely going to be something I consider from here on out.

Dampening and deadening is going to be fun. Haven't even put real power to them yet, and like you said... wholly moly. Buzzes and rattles everywhere.

Here are some more pics of those NVX baffles:

Sorry but seeing those in the flesh reveals just how bad they are, see peter from ps sounds latest video on a pillars to see why... do t just take my word for it 👍🏼

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Sorry but seeing those in the flesh reveals just how bad they are, see peter from ps sounds latest video on a pillars to see why... do t just take my word for it ����
    No need for the apology. You could very well have a good point with rear wave reflections and such. Lots of times with an extended or full range driver, you constantly see the suggestion for a chamfered edge on the inside of the baffle. Could be the same concept here. I need to go back into the doors for more dampening and deadening soon anyways, will take your recommendation to remove them and have another listen.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #26

No need for the apology. You could very well have a good point with rear wave reflections and such. Lots of times with an extended or full range driver, you constantly see the suggestion for a chamfered edge on the inside of the baffle. Could be the same concept here. I need to go back into the doors for more dampening and deadening soon anyways, will take your recommendation to remove them and have another listen.
    it may not be so bad if you effectively cut the bottom half off to make a shelter of sorts if it’s stiff enough to stay away from the basket by itself, I’ve made aluminium plates with lips on and riveted them to the skin behind the speaker to form an overhang of sorts, decouple it with some butyl as you rivet it on (it’s not decoupled truely, but it removes potential for rattles)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Interesting enough, I wonder if the factory carrier plate causes any restrictions too. It is a narrow passage, at least 1.5" thick in some spots. And does angle inwards, just like those NVX baffles:

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

Interesting enough, I wonder if the factory carrier plate causes any restrictions too. It is a narrow passage, at least 1.5" thick in some spots. And does angle inwards, just like those NVX baffles:

Chit,

I don't know about the AF 6x9s, but my JBL GTOs required removing the plastic wire holders that you show pictured. I also had to do some cutting so that the basket would fit. This is another reason why I'm making custom baffles; it will add some depth for the 6x9. It's a pretty tight fit with these doors!

Chris

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

No doubt, I clipped those, and the other little tabs all around to get the Frogs to fit. But they did slide into the factory opening fairly easily.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

No doubt, I clipped those, and the other little tabs all around to get the Frogs to fit. But they did slide into the factory opening fairly easily.
    Unfortunately, the JBL's mounting holes didn't quite align, so was forced to tap a couple of new holes until I build the new baffles.