Thread: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black Edition

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black Edition

I sure will.

Found out this week we need tires already for the Ram. After a few other recent expenses, wife and I decided the Frogs will have to go up for sale.

If anyone is interested, will be listing all of them this weekend after I get a chance to pull both pairs of GS690.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Eric

Not sure how I missed your thread Daniel, but nice work. Are you getting rid of both the GB25's and GS690's? You're hanging on to the Can-Am though, right?

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Thank you sir! I'll actually be listing all of it, the GB10s, GB25s, two pairs of GS690, and the pair of GB12D4

4. Back To Top    #44

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Thank you sir! I'll actually be listing all of it, the GB10s, GB25s, two pairs of GS690, and the pair of GB12D4
    What are you going to replace them with? Just curious (sorry if you already stated this and I missed it).

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    What are you going to replace them with? Just curious (sorry if you already stated this and I missed it).
    Most likely will just break the NVX X-series speakers out of retirement that I installed and removed from our Challenger. The subs on those are quite a bit shorter in mounting depth, require less volume, and already have all those just sitting in the garage. Might as well put them to good use again.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Chithead,

How come you need to replace the tires already? I know the ones my truck came with have an 80k mile warranty. I talked with a guy at my local Firestone shop and he said I should easily get that as long as I rotate them every 5-7k miles.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That's a good question. But I noticed last weekend that the center of the rear tires are almost bald. Fronts are fine. No, I didn't rotate like I should have Just odd that it happened. I thought low air pressure due to the wear in the middle like that, but why are the front tires still good?

This is the third Mopar vehicle we've purchased with Goodyear tires that didn't even make it to 30,000 miles before needing replaced.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

That's a good question. But I noticed last weekend that the center of the rear tires are almost bald. Fronts are fine. No, I didn't rotate like I should have Just odd that it happened. I thought low air pressure due to the wear in the middle like that, but why are the front tires still good?

This is the third Mopar vehicle we've purchased with Goodyear tires that didn't even make it to 30,000 miles before needing replaced.
    To be honest, not a fan of Goodyear tires anymore. Mine came with Bridgestone, and after 12k, they don't show hardly any wear whatsoever. Something isn't right if tires aren't lasting at least 40k or more for a truck!

9. Back To Top    #49

High air pressure causes the middle to wear, and the fronts lasted longer because they weren't over inflated, or because they weren't subjected to burnouts. Seriously, the drive wheels should wear quicker, especially if the air pressure isn't correct.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    High air pressure causes the middle to wear, and the fronts lasted longer because they weren't over inflated, or because they weren't subjected to burnouts. Seriously, the drive wheels should wear quicker, especially if the air pressure isn't correct.
    That's what I can't figure out - our 2010 Ram did the exact same thing, except to all four tires. I kept them all around 35 psi, and the tire place told us it was from them being too low of pressure. Now the rears on this Ram are doing the exact same thing, but the fronts are wearing perfectly fine. They all had 36 psi in them, I put them up to 40 psi two weeks ago hoping to get some more life out, but the rears are wearing crazy quickly. Now I'm wondering if the rear axle is skewed a bit, or out of alignment somehow.