Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 300 system help

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: 2018 300 system help

Great point. I just purchased the two amps, PAC amp pro, and control knob for 1178! My boy hooked me up. I will demo the frogs in person, I'm also gonna find a morel and hertz shop and demo those as well. And I'll choose from there. I honestly think I'll be happy with any of them.

2. Back To Top    #12

Demoing speakers on a sound board is useless. You have to find someone with them in car.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

take a few minutes and watch the 1st video Nick did on my Challenger. He found an anomaly in the front speaker frequency response, and explains how he's going to fix it. (I'm assuming that the 300 shares the same basic dash design). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmBg...aMymfYJ1wzhbEI
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the HK audio system upgraded with: Pac AmpPRO, Helix DSP.3 with Director, Focal Utopia Be tweeters, 3.5 Utopia M mids, Morel Elate Titanium 602 woofers, (2) Audiofrog GB12D2 subs, Mosconi AS200.4 and AS100.4 courtesy of Apicella Auto Sound

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    Demoing speakers on a sound board is useless. You have to find someone with them in car.
    That's very true. The environment is completely different I'll have to just try them out for myself I think at all the speakers I'm looking at I won't be disappointed in any

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Also note, most soundboards I've seen do not have any EQ/TA or anything applied to them. So, something that causes it not to sound good on a board (for example too much/too little high frequency content) can usually be fixed with a DSP.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #16

Currently waiting for my amps and pac amp pro in the mail.The 300 is super quiet already I'm not sure if I need to dampen anything other than the trunk

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I actually tore into our 19 Ram today, and discovered it really isn't dampened that great, but the fasteners for the panels are miles ahead of what they were. Even if you did just some basic dampening, could probably get away with not adding MLV and all that to still be happy.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I actually tore into our 19 Ram today, and discovered it really isn't dampened that great, but the fasteners for the panels are miles ahead of what they were. Even if you did just some basic dampening, could probably get away with not adding MLV and all that to still be happy.
    Agreed!