Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 300 system help

1. Back To Top    #1

2018 300 system help

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums. I am new to car audio and bought a 2018 300 a month ago. I would like to go three way front active and wanted some final pointers on my build. I get home from deployment in a few days so I'll be ordering everything once this is finalized.

Tweets- Audiofrog GB10
    Mids- Audiofrog GB25
    Woofer- Audiofrog GB60
    Amp- Audiocontrol lc6.1200
    Subs- 2 Audiofrog GB12
    Amp- Audiocontrol l1.1500
    Oem integration- PAC AmpPro

For the wiring I will be using all ofc from knukonceptz. The sound dampening material is from Amazon as well. What do you guys think? I thought about using the GS series or the morel 3 way set as well. I am open to suggestions. Thanks for your help guys. This is a sq build. I listen to gospel, rap, rnb, soul, rock, jazz, several other genres of music

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

Re: 2018 300 system help

Chrysler 300?
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the HK audio system upgraded with: Pac AmpPRO, Helix DSP.3 with Director, Focal Utopia Be tweeters, 3.5 Utopia M mids, Morel Elate Titanium 602 woofers, (2) Audiofrog GB12D2 subs, Mosconi AS200.4 and AS100.4 courtesy of Apicella Auto Sound

3. Back To Top    #3
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Probably can't go wrong with Audiofrog.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Welcome to the club!!! You and I are looking to put together a very similar build. I have the PAC AmpPro to install, which will feed optical into an Arc Audio PS8, then to a pair of Arc Audio amplifiers, powering all Audiofrog speakers and subs.

I like your idea, would be a very awesome build for sure - have you had any previous SQ builds before? I only ask, because that is a VERY nice list of pieces. Definitely top shelf products. Also, quite the expense. But you would not be disappointed in any of those choices. The Audiofrog GS are still a very strong choice as well. Many of those offerings in the GS line are supposed to be very similar to the GB, but without the higher power handling. Some of the GB pieces do have extra measures though to reduce distortion even further.

Morel is NEVER a bad choice. Even their entry level stuff is above most company's high end line. Definitely don't cross them off the list right away. I used their Hybrid Ovation 6.5" set years ago, paired with a single Ultimo SC 12 - and it is still my reference install that every build since gets compared to. Was definitely a tip top setup.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes it's a Chrysler 300. This is actually my first real sound system in a car. I like to go all in when I do things so I figured buy once cry once. I haven't heard the frogs in person yet which I will go audition next week. I haven't heard the morels yet either. I was told by several different people the GB12 sub beats the jl w6 other wise I'd go jl because I've heard those and they are amazing. I told myself when ever I got my car I was going to do it exactly how I want it. This is my first car I bought so it's gonna be exactly how I like.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Absolutely! You've more than earned it too

I'd be on the same level of preferring the GB12 over the 12W6 too, but my output level expectancy is more than some. Unfortunately the budget for my build didn't allow those, so a pair of GS12 were purchased instead. Along with the GS690 woofers, but did spring for the GB10 and GB25 since there is a lot more musical information coming through the frequencies they cover, compared to the woofer and subs.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #7

I can get the audiocontrol amps 400 a piece brand new and the PAC for about half off. So those are a definite. Which speakers would you guys go with?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I also have a very similar system, and I think you will be more than pleased with your choices!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I also have a very similar system, and I think you will be more than pleased with your choices!
    Do you guys recommend any changes to the speakers? How hard is it working with the built in DSP?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Best bet on speakers is to demo for yourself. I haven't heard the frogs, but many here like them. I'm a morel fanboi, they have the sound I like. It's like asking what's the best color for a car. There is no best, only best for you