Thread: Dumb question about wiring power to Mosconi DSP

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumb question about wiring power to Mosconi DSP

The DSP has GND, Battery, and Remote terminals. I thought there would be a Rem in and Rem out, so I can only assume the Rem terminal is the out terminal.

Configurations I have tried:
    1) GND to ground, Battery(DSP) to Rem out from head unit, Rem(DSP) to amp Rem turn on. Loud thump when I turn radio off.

2) GND to ground, Battery(DSP) to Battery +, Rem(DSP) to amp rem turn on. No thumps, but DSP never turns off, or at least the bluetooth light is flashing.

How should I wire it up?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: Dumb question about wiring power to Mosconi DSP

I'm pretty sure if there is only one remote terminal, it's remote in.
    At least, that's how my Mosconi 6to8 works.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is there an owners manual available?
    2018 Crosstrek Helix P-Six DSP Mk2 AF GB15 AF GB25 AF GS690 Audiomobile Evo 8(2) PPI Art Series A600.2

4. Back To Top    #4

ground to ground, power to power and remote to the remote from the headunit which also goes to the amps, if you get turn on and off pops they are able to be dealt with via delay modules for amps/dsp to turn them off in whatever order you require them to be switched on and off

you don’t have remote in and out like for example a helix, so it’s remote from hu to both amps and dsp... do not attempt to power the dsp from the remote like in example 1, it will kill a hu remote fast!!
    Last edited by dumdum; 02-19-2020 at 02:52 AM.

5. Back To Top    #5

As DumDum mentioned above:

GND to Ground
    Battery(DSP) to Battery +
    Rem(DSP) to Remout Out of the Head Unit

Essentially, you are using the Remout Out of the head unit to turn-on the DSP, as well as the amps (the same remote output wire for them all).
    It's been a while since I've owned a Mosconi DSP, but as I recall; there is a delay function in the DSP software, which can be programmed to alleviate turn-on/off pops.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Eric

Regarding the DSP Rem... consider it the same as the Rem on your amp(s). Basically, your head unit will be providing the turn on signal to the DSP and the amp(s). I'd recommend picking up a small terminal strip similar to this (just an example);
    https://www.amazon.com/15pcs-Sets-Te...289832&sr=1-11

Run the Rem out wire from your head unit to one side of the terminal strip. Then, put the supplied connector strip on either side of the terminal strip and run a wire from the Rem in on your DSP & amp(s) to the lugs on the opposite side of the terminal strip.

As much as I like to reduce the number of "connection" points in my system, using a terminal strip to divide up power and ground does make troubleshooting easier.

7. Back To Top    #7

Any more than 2-3 devices attached to a remote-out should use a relay. Drive the control-side of the relay with the remote-out.