Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sounding car (not audio related)

1. Back To Top    #1

Favorite sounding car (not audio related)

I have this thing for the sound of cars and motorcycles, and I have a favorite car: Mercedes AMG GT R with Fi Exhaust System

It doesn't sound like your typical European/German car - it actually has a little bit of an American V8 gurgle, it's got a nice low rumble at idle and the exhaust pops and crackles like a dream!

I know I should probably get a life, but I sometimes put on ear phones and watch/listen to YouTube videos of super car sounds for longer periods of time than I am willing to admit! Lol

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbxI...&index=21&t=0s
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Favorite sounding car (not audio related)

I do love the sound of Harleys, but MotoGP bikes have my favorite sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7vuqKsOdqU
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

dunno if it's my favorite, but do want

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

I guess I'm biased, but I haven't heard anything that I like better than the Hellcat with the MFER delete kit...
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat with the HK audio system upgraded with: Pac AmpPRO, Helix DSP.3 with Director, Focal Utopia Be tweeters, 3.5 Utopia M mids, Morel Elate Titanium 602 woofers, (2) Audiofrog GB12D2 subs, Mosconi AS200.4 and AS100.4 courtesy of Apicella Auto Sound

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm quite fond of the sounds of 4 barrel Holleys on 9000 rpm Ford 302's and Quadrajets on 7000 rpm Chevy 350's.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by thedynoguy View Post
    I guess I'm biased, but I haven't heard anything that I like better than the Hellcat with the MFER delete kit...
    I've always thought the Mopar v8's sounded best too. I'm from redneck central and a 360 with either open pipes or a low restriction muffler always did it for me. Was also impressed with sound of the 4.7 Magnum they used in the trucks from 02 until 2013ish before they did away with it (just as well because it was a gas hog and not that powerful). For modern engines a Hellcat screaming bloody murder really does it for me.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i E92, BMW X6 F16, 2000 LandCruiser

My wife had a 2003 BMW 330i, DOHC 24-valve inline-6, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection. Always loved hearing it drive up the street. We gifted it to our son and replaced it with a 2009 335i with a twin-turbo straight six but while much faster, just doesn’t have the same beautiful rumble of the strait inline six of the E46.
    BMW 335i E92 Morel Hybrid 402, Jehnert XE200, JL 12W3v3-4, Twk 88, JL XD500/3 and XD600/6
    BMW X6 F16, Helix SDMI25 -> Helix DSP Ultra, Amps, MMats HiFi-6150D & 4250D, Arc Audio KS125.4 Mini. Front Stage Dyn Esotar 430, Esotec MD 102, Illusion Audio C8. Rear Stage, Morel Hybrid 402, Rear pillars OEM. Sub, ScanSpeak Rev 28W.

8. Back To Top    #8

Jensen Interceptor.
    440 high compression.
    SOOO smooth and gutsy sounding !
    ( and a pleasure to drive )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    2007 BMW E90 3-series

The E60 M5 with the S85 V10 has to be one of my favs, family sedan that sounds like an F1 car!!
    The S65 V8 from E90 M3 is also a fav of mine.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Anyone ever hear a Triton v10 with a good exhaust on it? I did right after it came out and it was lovely. You make the exhaust on a truck or suv sound like a high revving foreign car and you'll get laughed at
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.