Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sounding car (not audio related)

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Re: Favorite sounding car (not audio related)

Tesla Model S because it is silent and deadly. and has the best fit and finish of any car ever.

I used to drive an 88 Pontiac Fiero Formula with a heavily modified and built 60-degree V6 and 5 speed manual that used to crackle and pop on deceleration. Loved that sound! It had a sweet sounding Borla exhaust.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

2. Back To Top    #12

Lol ^^^
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Tesla Model S because it is silent and deadly. and has the best fit and finish of any car ever.

I used to drive an 88 Pontiac Fiero Formula with a heavily modified and built 60-degree V6 and 5 speed manual that used to crackle and pop on deceleration. Loved that sound! It had a sweet sounding Borla exhaust.
    LOL on the SBD Tesla. I would love a totally silent car though. We're still young depending on who you ask

I'm familiar with a 60* v6. Been reliably carried all over creation by one of them back in the day. Was made by OMC though
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #14

Partly because like most folks I've only heard a very small percentage of what’s out there, and partly because in one way or another I happen to like a large portion of the car, truck and motorcycle (etc.) engines that I've heard, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite. I’ll share a very special formative memory instead:

In the small New England town where I lived as a kid from ‘77 to ’82, seemingly any car with a rusted-out muffler was imagined by its owner to be some sort of muscle car; LOL.

One early evening in the summer of 1979, a friend and I were walking along our town’s short main drag, when a late-sixties primer gray American coupe of some kind pulls up in front of a liquor store just ahead. Loudly surging/just barely idling, the car sounds as if it will surely die any second. “No wonder he left it running,” we’re thinking, as the adult male driver dashes into the store.

A minute or so later, from a short distance behind us we hear the driver return to his POS car, shortly followed by a startlingly loud WHOM, as he blipped the throttle and that barely-running engine incongruously roared to life with alarming abruptness and authority.

To get an idea what that sounded like, jump to 0:13 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga7Q8F3l5y0

Confused and curious, we turn around and watch as the car slowly backs away from the curb and into the roadway.
    Moments later, we’re utterly transfixed as this four-wheeled enigma, with a deafening roar, lays rubber all the way to the bridge, around 150 yards up the road.

To get an idea what that sounded like, jump to 0:49 of the video.

While my fourteen-year-old mind didn’t know it at the time, in hindsight I’m fairly certain it was a ’68 Road Runner. Huge thanks to that cool dude and his wonderful car!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

That was a very descriptive and entertaining to read Grinder.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #16

7. Back To Top    #17

8. Back To Top    #18

The 1970 Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga is an exceptionally wicked sounding machine, both from inside and outside the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqXER4Yi6G4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5532-16.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	9531

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

At work last week we were in the back getting stuff situated for the rest of the night and there was someone revving his engine with LOUD exhaust in a vacant lot where I think a Taco's For Life is about to go. He does this several times and the last time we hear it rev it sounded different from the other 8-10 times before. We open up one of the bay doors and were hit by a smell that I was familiar with. It was the smell of an engine that destroyed itself from the inside. We were all yelling TINY PENIS every time he would rev it up because it got to the point where it lost its "cool" factor. Dude got what he deserved from showing off more than he should have. This was after 10pm and I'm sure people in the apartments just above this area weren't happy about the midnight "cars and coffee". This is in the more upscale part of Little Rock so that makes it even worse.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

10. Back To Top    #20

I'm with David Ram on this one...
    From a stock vehicle perspective; I think any Mercedes AMG (V8) engine has the best exhaust note.
    I own a BMW M-Vehicle, and it sounds pretty mean when you open the throttle... but the AMG just sounds vicious.
    New Car... Stock Stereo