Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trolling motor talk

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Trolling motor talk

I only got the jog control to work right once. No one could ever give me a sure way to get repeatable results with it. Again, mine could have been that one out of a thousand that was cursed from the beginning. You can always put the 3rd battery in a rear compartment if your boat has one. Or do what my buddy did for years in his boat by using a pair of dual purpose batteries like a pair of Walmart group 29's and use one of the batteries to crank the big motor and run electronics. Just make sure that battery doesn't have the jumper on the terminal where the ground is for big motor and electronics if you go that routeYes using one of the trolling batteries to crank the big motor and run electronics can be risky but I don't think he ever had any issues and he was cranking an old Johnson GT150 V6. You know how bitchy those motors can be for no good reasonOne wrong move in the VERY SPECIFIC starting process both cold and warm and you're in for a bad time. If your motor is as sure to start as you say it is I don't see it being an issue. For shaft length keep in mind that steering collar will take up about 6" of shaft length so 45" should be about right for you. Other than that you'll love having spot lock. I won't be without it again. Nothing like taking as long as you need to rig up correctly and the boat be exactly where you left it when you get back on the trolling motor.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Hillbilly, just ordered the Xi5 24v 80 lb with 45” shaft, GPS, and Lowrance Sonar so pretty excited. I put on that order the Motorguide quick release aluminum bracket, Pinpoint GPS NMEA 2000 Starter Kit, and Pinpoint GPS Gateway Kit so I can control the motor with my Lowrance Ti9 with Maps. I’m pretty excited to not have to finally struggle with correcting the boat while I fish in windy conditions or to just let it take me on a course while I fish along the way.

If you ever come up this way I’ll take you out for a day of fishing.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Cool deal. I think you'll like it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.