Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Car Audio

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: YouTube Car Audio

Quote Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
    Spent years as an instructor in the military. It's different when talking to a camera or yourself.

Right? I can brief things to an audience of people at work without any problem (once I get started, that is; I'm a nervous wreck up until that point, though). But talking to a camera is just freaking weird.

I made a little intro video for my channel the other day. I started/stopped the recording nearly 30 times before I finally got off on the right foot. I don't have time to learn editing software at this very moment and the need wasn't high, so I was just shooting from the hip. Ironically, I mentioned that I wanted my video to be family-friendly because I always have to delay watching some of my favorite shows/videos until my kid goes to bed due to the language. But I'll be darned if I didn't belt a few choice words out after each of my 30 initial tries.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I just added Erin's Audio Corner to the list. I'm a complete goof for leaving it off the original post. Your reviews and articles are just tremendous and I can't thank you enough for all excellent content you have provided over the years. Cheers!

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I just added Erin's Audio Corner to the list. I'm a complete goof for leaving it off the original post. Your reviews and articles are just tremendous and I can't thank you enough for all excellent content you have provided over the years. Cheers!
    Oh, sure.... now you care!

I don't have anything of worth yet there anyway so I don't blame you for not remembering. It hurts. But I don't blame you.

*cries in corner*
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Lol. Would it help if I told you that I'm a moron. I'm sure people who know me can confirm. I make my living with grunt labor, not brain capacity.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Thats some funny Stuff right there. I have to get one of those radios with USB (ultra sonic bass).

6. Back To Top    #26

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Thats some funny Stuff right there. I have to get one of those radios with USB (ultra sonic bass).
    23 bucks brings ya into the here and now.

7. Back To Top    #27

Worked on the big outfeed table tonight.

Should have video up tomorrow afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	574D9193-E29C-47C1-B48E-5B269F414DCB.jpeg 
Views:	200 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	9375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D607DAE-4D99-4E55-8D7E-D31AF992DB35.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	9376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A205D009-59D6-4097-9CF6-84DFE8BD7501.jpeg 
Views:	223 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	9377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B3A435C-42D7-4541-91E7-78E131A111D7.jpeg 
Views:	195 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	9378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE4E2B19-34C1-465A-AD1A-3F45059E0CD8.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	9379

8. Back To Top    #28
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I thought I would add a few more entries to the list. Add a little variety.

Big D Wiz @ Williston Sound Labs: Derek is the man when it comes to amplifier testing with a dyno machine. He loves to prove junk disguised as decent gear and has an affinity for old school car stereo! Laid back, basic and fun.

Ed @ ShowtimeSPL: A quirky, techie dude with a science approach to car audio. He dabbles in most thing electronic including batteries and capacitors, volt meters etc. An intelligent guy with a knack for making complicated, understandable. He fills a unique void in car audio with his myth busters style.

NVS Audio with Carlos: This is a gentleman that deserves a plug. An accomplished shop operator who installs stereos, starters, alarms and other stuff into all types of vehicles, including motorbikes. He puts out a ton of varied content, some videos only being a couple minutes long, including tools of the trade, product reviews from a shops perspective, and lots of troubleshooting videos. He only gets a few dozen to a few hundred views but clearly puts in a lot of time to try and help others. Check him out.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Danny Richie @ GR-Research

I thought I would add another youtube channel to the list. This one was introduced to me by a fellow CAJ member and has quickly helped me separate some fact from fiction. It is a newer channel with only 35 or 40 videos, mainly geared to the home audio side of things. However, the information is so well explained and transferable that I needed to add it to the list. Honestly, he breaks down crossovers, comb filtering, acoustic centers, speaker measurements and a tonne of other wonderful information in a straightforward, no filler way. An engineer by trade so you know its from a reliable source. Definitely worth checking out.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

For whatever reason late at night in a drunken stooper I keep running across this idiot who likes to blow up and modify monstrous subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZ8eldXgcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLB4Xmox4Jc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFwb69T-Tc

This guy is either a nut bag or a genius. I haven't made up my mind yet. I do appreciate the fact that he makes Youtube videos with no shirt on

Ge0
    Last edited by Ge0; 05-02-2020 at 03:47 AM.
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose