Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Car Audio

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

YouTube Car Audio

Hello friends.
    I was thinking this would be a good place to share various youtube channels related to car audio. Like you, I find youtube to be one of the biggest sources of knowledge and like minded people available in the world. There have been many channels and personalities that have both inspired and humbled me, so lets share our favorites and expand the genre.

Some of my subscribed favorites:

1. Car Audio Fabrication with Mark: One of, if not the best car stereo guy around. Knowledgeable, humble and available. He is a no-brainer on this list.

2. Peter @ PS Sound: I can hear that marvelous accent now. Top notch guy with crazy installs and straight forward advice. A top 3 European competitor and all around stereo nut. My personal favorite.

3. EXOContralto: One of the coolest and realest guys on youtube. His personality and enthusiasm are infectious and he embodies what a DIY car stereo person is. Very cool cat and full fledged SPL.

4. Steve Meade w/ SMD: A legend in the industry. Not everybody's cup of tea, but undeniably successful and knowledgeable. Videos for ages.

5. Five Star Car Audio: Dean and Fernando are straight up awesome! Some of the most open and straight forward guys in the industry. I hope to have a beer with them one day.

6. HCVA or jat4011: Insane, extreme installs including the down4sound bassburban. Countless top of the line installs and crazy cool designs.

7. Apicella Auto Sound: Our very own Skizer is the man behind this channel. World class installs, in-depth DSP tutorials and the New York attitude to put it all together with style. Honestly, the most underappreciated guy in the online car audio world. Thanks for the free knowledge Nick, and I also hope for a beer with you one day too.

8. Batdog Garage: JasoninAugusta invites you to one of the most anticipated youtube channels in a long time. Start at the ground floor as he shares his love of audio, cars and kick-ass workshop videos with a laid back style. Definitely worth a subscribe, as this one will be cool!

9. SprayWayCustoms: This one is more fabrication related, but he is one of the best content providers online. Detailed and digestible knowledge on fiberglassing and paint finishes. His knowledge and full length videos are tremendous.

10. Magic Sound Pro: No English, but a master of custom door cards and vinyl wrapping with a minimal tool set. This Russian is new to me, but has quickly proved he has tremendous skills and an ability to share the knowledge even without sharing the language. Definitely check him out.

11. HexiBase with Peter Kulichi: An acoustical engineer with Audio Dynamics. He has a wide variety of audio videos ranging from 3d printing of speaker boxes to reviews and sub box designing. In fact, my sub box was designed by Peter, and I honestly find him to be one of the most honest people in the industry. Audio Dynamics may not have a huge reputation, but the products are solid and his customer service is second to none.

*12. erinh @ Erin's Audio Corner: Another new channel from one of the best car audio reviewers on the planet. Erin has been a staple of the scene for a long time and has begun to embrace the youtube genre. Erin's Audio Corner website and channel offer fantastic reviews, tests and articles related to audio and electronics. This is top-of-the-line experience being shared for free. Definately take the time to check out both sites!

Please feel free to add your personal favorites, as I know this has only scratched the surface. Also, any specific videos that give a good lesson that relates to us car audio junkies. I know there is much more to learn, so lets build a great list.
    Last edited by blockrocker; 02-19-2020 at 02:53 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: YouTube Car Audio

Big fan of Pssound as well. Could use a bit of editing down from time to time though. First stumbled unto him when he was putting dual IB 18" in his car.
    Apicella is great and coming on strong. His interviews with competitors are great and love hearing his thoughs both on audio and hte fabrication process.
    CAF si the best too for straightforward truly hands on fab advice.

Haven't been able to get into any of the other channels. I think I have a certain limit of interest at some point.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I can definitely ebb and flow from topic to topic, but without cable tv, I love absorbing how to videos. They are like mini documentaries to me. Lol.

4. Back To Top    #4

Doug Bernard SoundMan/Amplified... Lol
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #5
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Doug Bernard cracks me up.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Matt Schaeffer @ Musaic is another extraordinary installer with some of the most amazing design ever. His videos are edited well and his craftsmanship is out of this world.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Matt Schaeffer @ Musaic is another extraordinary installer with some of the most amazing design ever. His videos are edited well and his craftsmanship is out of this world.
    I enjoy his work a lot, too... I don't have cable either, so I have to get my fixes from YouTube as well.

I know I am probably alone here, but I don't care for CAF videos much... The work is great, but HE annoys me... Partially because he looks a little like a down-syndrome version of Mark Zuckerberg! Lmao
    Last edited by DavidRam; 02-16-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    The work is great, but HE annoys me... Partially because he looks a little like a down-syndrome version of Mark Zuckerberg! Lmao
    Ok, that definitely made me laugh out loud. I can appreciate Mark not being everybody's favorite youtube character, but I think Mark Zuckerberg is the down-syndrome version of Mark Zuckerberg. Lol.

I have been watching CAF videos for a long time and I am impressed with how much Mark has grown into his own skin over the years. He was an awkward, nervous dude who didn't quite know how to parlay his knowledge to the world. Now though, his videos are concise, slickly produced and well varied. I'm personally not a huge fan of the ruthless brand promotion - as it comes off a bit like an infomercial at times. However, a dudes gotta get paid, and he has put in the work to earn his keep. I personally like PS Sound and EXO a little bit more but I watch almost all of the CAF videos too.

I'm still laughing at that burn though....hilarious and ruthless, well done!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Doug Bernard SoundMan/Amplified... Lol
    While we're talking shit, ^that^ dude is criminally annoying. LOL

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    While we're talking shit, ^that^ dude is criminally annoying. LOL
    Lol! I fully understand why many people would think that... I enjoy a lot of his work, AND his total lack of PC! Oh, and I envy his shop, too!

On a more professional and serious note, I just watched Musaic's new Escalade build last night and that is something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNI8CrcQSU&t=1914s

#TRUMP2020