Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HAT Unity shallow 6x9 vs Stevens mb6

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: HAT Unity shallow 6x9 vs Stevens mb6

That is an audible physics nz6. I'll be using it in door IB on 125x2 amp.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Thanks again for all your work modeling these speakers. Hopefully a lot of people can benefit from the response graphs. It's looking like the gs60 might be the way to go in my case.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    That is an audible physics nz6. I'll be using it in door IB on 125x2 amp.
    I had a feeling. Those do look really good. please keep us posted on your impressions about how they sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Thanks again for all your work modeling these speakers. Hopefully a lot of people can benefit from the response graphs. It's looking like the gs60 might be the way to go in my case.
    No problem Hillbilly, just giving back what was given to me over the last 6 years or so. You won’t go wrong with AudioFrog and I’m curious about your thoughts in comparison to the Scanspeak Discovery once you make the swap.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #44

Will do. No one in the US has used them yet so I'm going by reviews from over seas. And they all say they're awesome

5. Back To Top    #45

Can someone please model the HAT Imagine 6? I remember it being great when I was still into it

Kelvin

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    I’m curious about your thoughts in comparison to the Scanspeak Discovery once you make the swap.
    The 8" and 6" discovery are good until you get into higher volumes. Then they turn into a disaster. Used em in a few cars. Never again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    The 8" and 6" discovery are good until you get into higher volumes. Then they turn into a disaster. Used em in a few cars. Never again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Seems that’s the case for all drivers used as IB in a car door that are not really designed for automotive use Nick.

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

8. Back To Top    #48

Jc I'm not at a point to install these yet. If youd like I could sent them to you to test out

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    Jc I'm not at a point to install these yet. If youd like I could sent them to you to test out
    No thank you ToNasty, I’m probably not the best qualified person for testing and reviewing drivers, although it’s temping. ErinH is probably better equipped and qualified to do that testing if your interested. He actually has the proper equipment for measuring driver parameters and distortion plots.

It would be nice to know how those compared to say the GB60 I have though, which are my favorite mid-woofer drivers to date.

Ford F150

Sienna

10. Back To Top    #50

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    No thank you ToNasty, I’m probably not the best qualified person for testing and reviewing drivers, although it’s temping. ErinH is probably better equipped and qualified to do that testing if your interested. He actually has the proper equipment for measuring driver parameters and distortion plots.

It would be nice to know how those compared to say the GB60 I have though, which are my favorite mid-woofer drivers to date.
    Imnot sure if aaron is ready to test more stuff at this point. Even though I'd gladly send them to him